Recurrent Miscarriage

Emily0505

Reaction score
Hi ladies.

It would appear that sadly, I'm going through my third consecutive miscarriage.

This means that, hopefully, we'll get some testing as to what is going on and causing these losses.

What sort of tests can I expect?

I've got a son already who is three years old, so I'm concerned that we won't get much help as we've already got a child.

Any advice, words of wisdom or positive outcomes will be more than welcome.

XX

Just had my third to :( ... I've got to go in July for my first appointment so can't give you any advice on that. But I would get to docs asap because the appointments are so long away!! The earliest they could give me was July :/
Sorry for your losses, i hope your next bfp is a sticky one hun xx

I'm so sorry for your losses hun.

It really is so cruel.

My Dr is away all next week but I'm at EPU for a scan on Tuesday so I'll ask them about it while I'm there.

I only found out I was pregnant on Monday!! Had a period (or not as the case may be!) on 10th May!! So I don't have a clue how far along I was or am! My mc hasn't been properly confirmed but I'm certain of what's happening and I know what they'll tell me on Tuesday.

Hopefully referral won't take too long to go through.

XX

Oh, Emily. So sorry to hear that you think this is the case.
Can't imagine how you're feeling.
Fight for testing and support.
Hugs. Xxxx

Our first appointment came 3 months after the 3rd loss (which was an ectopic - had 2 miscarriages previously). I had a scan on that day then met with the consultant after to discuss the losses. She then talked through the initial tests, which included another scan to check for any cysts or damage following the losses, bloods for both myself and OH (about 8 different tests for you, 1 for OH) which include clotting disorders, chromosome deficiencies. Also an X-ray of your Fallopian tubes and everything else which entailed having dye inserted to enable them to take an image - I'm not going to lie, this is pretty uncomfortable.

Our first appointment was September, and we got the results in December. Everything came back all clear, so just one of them things. Please prepare yourself for this result as the odds are massively in favour of this result. The consultant explained to me that it was all about the luck of the draw and the healthiness of the egg that month, which mine obviously hasn't been meant to survive. I was quite distressed that nothing could be done so took my own positive steps and looked at alternative therapies - I started having reiki and hypnotherapy in January. I had 2 sessions of each and got a bfp - I'm now nearly 18 weeks pregnant.

My advice would be have the tests, back off ttc for a few months and look at different treatments. I really believe that the therapy helped me as it helped me chill out so much. Give me a shout if you want anymore advice xx

Last edited:
Just to add - if miscarriage is confirmed Tuesday, push for a referral!! They shouldn't resist but just ask xx

Oh yeah - forgot about all the initial tests as we had had these done prior to referral to recurrent miscarriages clinic. You will have to have bloods at cycle day 2 or 3 I think and day 21. That's to check for progesterone I think? You will also need to be swabbed for clymidia and OH produce a sperm sample xx

Thanks hun.

I'll certainly ask while I'm at the scan on Tuesday and be in touch with my doctor when she's back at work week after next.

In shock that this has happened again. I really am.

XX

I don't know much about recurrent miscarriage but I really hope it's not the case xx if so, I just wanted to say I'm so so sorry. I hope you get some answers soon xxx

I'm really sorry you are suffering from your losses. Seems so unfair. Totally different situation but my best friend who also has a 4 year old has been TTC for 3 years and has not had any luck, she has been to the doctors and they done some very basic blood tests, but because they have a daughter they are not entitled to any more treatment. I hope they might be different if different area's, and your disgust ion is different because the losses, but she is looking at private IVF. I hope someone else can confirm if this is the case with losses. It's just something to think about so your prepared for it.xxx

I'm sorry if that seems negitive and not what you want to hear, I just wanted to share what my friend was told.xx

Hi Emily,

I'm so sorry you are going through another loss - life is so unfair at times. I've been in your position and have had 5 losses now but am now 14weeks pregnant which is the furthest I've got before so fingers crossed I get my happy ever after this time.

Below is a link to an old thread on rm which I think you might find useful - I know it helped me at the time.

http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/miscarriage-support/473967-recurrent-miscarriage-thread.html

I'm sorry if that seems negitive and not what you want to hear, I just wanted to share what my friend was told.xx

No it's not negative hun.

It's something I'm concerned about.

I guess I'll have to wait and see.

XX

Hi,
I'm normally a lurker on here but have been following your story Emily and wanted to say how sorry I am. I've just had my third miscarriage in 14 months although mine have been between 5-6 weeks each time. After my second mc my doctor was nice enough to send me for the basic initial tests so I've had all bloods done which were fine and I had a scan on Saturday to check all was ok which is was so it currently seems there is no reason for mine either. I also have a 2 yr old and am worried that we won't get any help this time. I've got a follow up appointment on 15th to ask for a gynae referral as I've heard this is the best route to take for recurrent mc so fingers crossed they refer me as they originally said I had to wait until it had been 2 years (currently on month 15) I really hope you get good news Tuesday x

Thanks hun.

I'm not holding out much hope that it'll be good news tomorrow.

We've been ttc for 2 years in October, so hopefully that'll be taken into account too.

I'm so sorry for your losses.

:hug:

XX

Thank you hun it's so hard and each time you hope it won't be the awful outcome you've had the previous time :( I also don't know anyone personally who has gone through a miscarriage so it's hard for people to understand how hard it is and for them to assume it's not so bad as I already have a child x
I'm sure if it is bad news (and hopefully It isn't) they will happily refer you considering it would be your third mc and almost 2 years ttc. As horrible as it is I think the only way you potentially get help with secondary infertility is if you have miscarriages which is crap.
Sending hugs and positive thoughts for you xx

So, it was confirmed today that I'm having my third consecutive miscarriage.

EPU is organising a referral to the recurrent miscarriage clinic, which should go through for about 8 weeks time.

We've decided to stop trying until after we've got the test results back and know what, if anything is going on.

XX

Sorry hun :(
Hopefully you'll get some answers and see why it's happening. You'll get you sticky bfp soon! Xx

I'm so sorry hun. I know I've said it before but I really do hope you get some answers. Xx

Emily0505- I am so sorry to know about yr mcs. Hope yr doc will dig deeper to find a reason for your miscarriages. A friend of mine who also experienced multiple msc has been recommended doing PGS NGS 360 to decrease a risk of mcs. May be total coincidence, but she got pregnant. Good luck! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back