Anyone else referred for recurrent miscarriages?

leesey

Reaction score
Hi there,

We've had two consecutive miscarriages, plus a cp the month before, and a cp last year so we know we can conceive which is obviously half the battle.

However we never make it past 5 weeks.

Doc has referred me today, could take a few weeks for them to get in touch but does anyone know what I can expect? Doc has checked my bloods for everything they typically look for (anaemia, thyroid, blood glucose, etc) other than hormone levels, so I'm assuming the fertility doctor would do that? I hate being a pin cushion, big needle phobia but I don't even care if it means I get my sticky bean.

I'm assuming obviously dh won't need anything done in the first instance, as it's most likely to be my body that's the problem, so just want to know if there are any other things I can expect.

Has anyone else been referred for similar circumstances? xx

Hey hun, I had 2 MMC and had the recurrent mc testing

The first tests they do are bloods (sorry more needles) I had 11 viles of blood taken in 1 day and hubby also had to have 1 blood test too, basically these tests cover immunology, clotting, lupus antibodies and the genetics, this is why hubby needs one done too. The genetics one is to check if either of you is passing on a faulty gene to baby. I had to wait 6-8 weeks for blood results, genetics ones take the longest.

We also had genetic testing done on our last mc as I had a d and c.

All my bloods came back normal and just after that I found out I was pregnant again and this ones a sticky. Hope this helps a little.

Xx

I've not been personally but my friend has , she pushed and pushed for it though and she's seeing a lady Dr that has a lot to do with international research , i'm not totally sure what tests though i'll text her and ask her for you x x

ok so my friend has text back and has done a lot of research in this after 16-18 miscarriages ,
testosterone, sex hormone, binding globulin, LH, FSH on CD2, Karyotyping on you and OH and anti cardiolipin antibodies, lupus, rubella antibody screen, thrombophillia - all repeated again 4 weeks after the first lot. Then a scan to check womb, blood coagulant test depending on the thrombophillia results and depending on the hospital a progesterone test/trial. caffine is a no no , as is smoking . And the doc is Proffesor Reegan from St Mary's London Europes best miscarriage doc x x x

I think thrombophillia was what the dr mentioned, which is why I brought up the aspirin thing. Thanks for all this information, very helpful xx

she said that if you have no prev then you may have further tests x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back