recovery after c section

mrs h

Reaction score
Hi everyone i ended up having an emergency c section and i cant describe the pain i felt after the epidural wore off.When i was helped to my feet by 2 midwifes i thought my stiches were going to burst.It is now 3 days after having it done and i am struggling like hell climbing stairs,getting in and out of bed and sitting up and down.How long does it take to be able to walk about the house comfortably?I feel like im not being a good mum as i keep having to get my husband to bend to pick my son up as i cant.All the midwives said was keep active but this is really hard.Can anyone let me know how they went on after their c section?

Hi,
I had a section with our little boy and am having another one with this baby. I think your midwife is right you have to force yourself to get up and move about otherwise it is worse. I would say that the getting up was the worst and we tried to make sure that I didn't have to bend too far down to pick Keiran up. I used to just practice walking up and down the lounge to get me going. The other thing I would say is don't expect miracles its a major operation. I made the mistake of thinking I could take on the world and went shopping as soon as we got home-big mistake,I really suffered for it!!!
Take it easy things do get easier.
Paula.x

mrs h said:
Hi everyone i ended up having an emergency c section and i cant describe the pain i felt after the epidural wore off.When i was helped to my feet by 2 midwifes i thought my stiches were going to burst.It is now 3 days after having it done and i am struggling like hell climbing stairs,getting in and out of bed and sitting up and down.How long does it take to be able to walk about the house comfortably?I feel like im not being a good mum as i keep having to get my husband to bend to pick my son up as i cant.All the midwives said was keep active but this is really hard.Can anyone let me know how they went on after their c section?

it took me about a week to feel better but dont push it :D

It took a couple of weeks for it not to be sore but even after that you need to be carefull when bending, out walking ect. I dont think I felt really good till about 8 weeks, you just know when its almost fixed.
Keep taking your painkillers if you have to and your anti flamatorys. If you havent got any I would see the midwife.

This was my second section. Keep having a wee walk about, and dont say your not a good mum, you have had your tummy opened and closed again. Its major surgery :shock: :hug:

by the way i wernt 100% after a week just take it easy hun and you will be fine. your not a bad mummy you have been thorugh alot

hev&madi said:
by the way i wernt 100% after a week just take it easy hun and you will be fine. your not a bad mummy you have been thorugh alot

Are you 100% now :wink:

lauramumof2 said:
hev&madi said:

Are you 100% now :wink:

i dont think i will every be 100% :rotfl:

My sis had an emergency c section followed by two further ops on Monday for internal bleeding....she was poorly until wednesday, and is now up and about walking everywhere :shock:

She was scared to move but the midwifes told her she must get mobile, and she did. We all thought the midwives were being a bit harsh but it really helped her.

Everyone is different and dont be hard on yourself-you have been through a major operation so take one day at a time and dont push yourself too hard :hug: :hug:

It took me a good week to finally be able to move around easier but it takes a good few weeks to feel totally able again. I carried on taking all the same pain killers I had when in hospital for a couple of weeks, including the codein... that helped alot, if you don't have the codein etc call your docs and ask them, mine gave me two big boxes full! (just make sure you eat lots of fruit etc for constipation! :shock: )

It really does get better and before you know it you'll be feeling normal again. The first morning after my section I went to have a shower and passed out in the toilet, luckily my partner was with me and called for a nurse! I really can sympathise with you!

Even 5 months on and my scar area still feels numb ( I hate touching it!), just today I went for a long walk and after I ache a little in that area BUT it is all soooo worth it when you see your lettle one isn't it. Take this time to put your feet up and get to know your little baby... Enjoy!

I couldnt understand how I felt so very sore even further up my tummy towards my chest till oh told me they were pushing and pulling to get baby out very very roughly even though he was coming out the sunroof. I needed forceps to get him out. I thought I had missed something when they said that and that I had had a vaginal birth and not realised. :rotfl:

How nice it would be if you really could have a vaginal birth and not realise!!!! :lol:

A marching band could have came trouping out my nether regions and I wouldnt have noticed. DH might but he would have been too polite to say. :rotfl:

I think I walked funny for about a week before I felt a bit better. It does get better hun! This time last year I was so depressed because I felt so bad having a c section, I kept getting pains etc but I can honestly say it has all gone and I can barely see my scar! The best thing is to keep active but not over do it. Let your husband do as much as possible to help out because soon enough it'll be you doing the work and you need to feel better. You're not a bad mum hun you've had a major op and you have to allow for that. Congrats on the baby :cheer: :hug:

take it easy.

i had a cs ection last time with my twins and tried to be super woman.

I ended up back in hospital 6 months later being reopened and cleaned up as I didn't take it easy... I had infection after infection and had to start the recovery all over again.

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back