Reassurance - The best £20 I've ever spent

Ellsbells

Reaction score
So after a shite day last Thursday (ending up in the Hospital to check if baby was okay as I hadn't felt him move in over a week and my thyroxine dose was up the creek, by the fault of my GP!) :wall2: I thought it was about time to buy a doppler.

I'd heard quite the controversy over these devices due to women getting in a fit over not finding the heartbeat (which I would also fall victim to this if it happened to me!) My partner also told me not to bother and to 'leave it to the professionals' as they know what they're doing, which is fair enough but him telling me not to, is only going to make me want to do it more ;)

That being said, my sister-in-law is having a baby girl due 4 weeks before me and said it was the best thing she bought, she listens in to the heartbeat every night and she said it gives her so much reassurance in-between scans and checkups.

So I scanned Amazon to get a decent priced one with good reviews and came across the Angel Sounds Fetal Heart Detector, It's a little oval/roundish shape (which I was quite skeptical about at first as the ones the midwifes use is the one with the wire and the rod attached to the little machine) however it had really good reviews and it came with the batteries and a little gel tube all for £20.99

I ordered this on the Thursday night and by Saturday it had arrived, not to mention I wasn't there until today but the nice driver had put it in my shed safely for me :)

I've listened in twice so far (second time my partner wanted to have a go) and both times we've picked up the heartbeat as clear as day! It took some time to find where the baby was lying but once we knew where he was we were able to go back to that spot for another listen, hearing his little heart pumping away! We also heard the placenta whoosing as well!

All in all a 10/10 product for fellow worriers and peace-of-minders like myself! It's very professional and does exactly the same as the ones the midwifes use!

:)

Heres the link - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008GSGE0I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

We've bought one this week after seeing the midwife Monday and finding her heartbeat straight away. I kinda knew them where she was hanging about. Ours arrived Thursday and only used it once, but we found her heartbeat straight away. So nice to hear. I videoed it too and sent it to grandparents - grandad cried (again!!). It's such a special thing to be able to do xx

We've bought one this week after seeing the midwife Monday and finding her heartbeat straight away. I kinda knew them where she was hanging about. Ours arrived Thursday and only used it once, but we found her heartbeat straight away. So nice to hear. I videoed it too and sent it to grandparents - grandad cried (again!!). It's such a special thing to be able to do xx

Aahh lush! I definitely agree, it's really special to know you haven't gotta wait for your next appointment to hear it! Especially if you're having a bad day and need something to cheer you up, can just have a listen :) xx

Im so anxious and was really tempted to get a doppler to reassure me. I think after reading i might get this one now! Good price too!

Im so anxious and was really tempted to get a doppler to reassure me. I think after reading i might get this one now! Good price too!

The problem with a lot of things in pregnancy theres always a worse case scenario and horror stories, and that a lot of the time is whats chucked at you more than the good things! Definitely give it a try :) it's lush knowing you can be in tune with your baby whenever you want too, plus you can confirm any movement you've felt!

Now I know where baby is positioned at the moment, I know that when I can feel something going on in that area, it's most likely the baby nestling around haha :)

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back