Really worried, please give this a read!!

Reaction score
This is probably not the place to post this but I am slowly losing my mind. I had sex on the 20th November so if I did conceive I would be around 8 weeks. However, I REALLY don't want to be pregnant. I used a condom and he pulled out. The act ocured the day/2 days before my period started. My next cycle was pretty short (only 21 days) and that period slightly shorter than usual (5 days instead of 7). I started the pill in the middle of this period for anything in the future and I think it has messed up my hormones somewhat. I have had no obvious pregnancy symptoms like cravings, increased smell or breast tenderness.

However, I get sick whenever I have milk and this week I have had a lot of cramping which I read is common for around 8 weeks. I am going to the doctor to see if I am lactose intolerant and I am going to see if they will give me a blood pregnancy test. I have tested 8 times negative at home the past week but read that people can test negative throughout their pregnancy. Are these symptoms pregnancy related? I am a very paranoid person so will probably worry like this until september in case I end up like those on "I didn't know I was pregnant".

Any reply is appreciated!

If you used contraception and had a period since and have had negative tests, then you're probably not pregnant.

Get a blood test from the docs if it will help you relax but it's highly unlikely that you are. Obviously it's not impossible but like I say, it's unlikely.

XX

Hiya. Based on what you say I think it is highly unlikely that you are pregnant. Lots of things can affect you cycle and symptoms of pregnancy are very similar to PMS/AF. I would think your body is also getting use to the pill.

Have you tried cutting out lactose/having lactose free dairy produce to see if it is that? Good idea to get checked out as there are lots of food intolerances that could give you cramps and make you feel sick.

Don't panic and I hope you get the result that you want.

UPDATE: so I went to the doctor who was very confused by my sickness but very quickly dismissed both lactose intolerance and pregnancy. Basically what she said was the pregnancy was at the bottom of the list and agreed that if I was pregnant it would be the second coming of Jesus haha! I also started a lactose free diet which stopped the nausea/vomiting immediately :)

AF arrived a couple of days ago and is only slightly lighter than usual which I'm attributing to another short 21 day cycle and being on the pill for two weeks. If I am pregnant after all this I would be amazed and I would be looking to sell my story to the papers haha! Thanks for all your help and support! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back