Really Pi**ed of with myself

Gizzy Kelly

Reaction score
I am so annoyed with myself I could cry.

I basically got a call today from my PCT with all of our IVF referal forms and it transpires that we can no longer be referred to Herts and Essex Fertility Clinic as they are no longer taking NHS patients via Oxford Fertility Unit. We had to go via Oxford in the first instance but now this is not possible. :mad:

We visted Herts and Essex in February. They had an open evening and a guest speaker and I really got a good feeling about the place. We both decided that it was the place for us. We had our bloods tests done but for some reason i took a step back and decided put it off for a further 3 months as neither of us have any problems and also because I did not feel quite ready. Big mistake!!! Apparently these changes have only just been made so we have literallly missed it by a a few weeks. I feel sick for not getting the forms off sooner.

Now i feel like I am back to square one with my research. We still have the 5 clinics to chose from but I had a good feeling about Herts and felt so comfortable there. The waiting list was not very long either.

The PCT nurse suggested we go to Barts in London or Hammersmith. I am very lucky that we get these choices still but I have heard that at Barts there is a long wait. I don't know much about Hammersmith. I guess it is back to the drawing board.

I am sooo annoyed with myself for not being more proactive... I really could kick myself!!! :wall2:

Gizzy xxx

Hun we started straight away at hammersmith. Probably 6-8 weeks from referral through the appointments and into treatment.

I can understand your frustration but all is not lost xxx

Thanks hon was on the verge of pm you. Do you get offered 3 cycles? Really please you responded. Were you happy with the treatment you got? Xxxx

Hi Giz. Oh dear it's one of those situations that you kick yourself with hindsight....
You just have to think that whichever clinic you go for now will be just as nice/better, and it sounds like Hammersmith is pretty good from Scotch's experience.
good luck with deciding xxx

D'oh! :wall2:

Sorry Gizzy :(

I do think it's one of those situations where it'll turn out for the best though so try to forget about it and move on :)

Oh honey, that is a pain but I think you try to think that maybe theres a reason for it! Hopefully your BFP is in another place!! Xxxxx

arr poop. hopefully it was one of them times were every thing happens for a reason and you were meant to go to diff place. xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back