Serious doubts!

Gizzy Kelly

Reaction score
Ranting thread warning!

Got my period today so I decided to chase Barts our fertility clinic. I actually tried to call them yesterday only to be on hold for 24 minutes. When it got to 4 o'clock the phone cut me off so I was fuming. I tried again today only to be put on hold again for 20 minutes and when I finally got through they said they did not have our letter. I was told to call back on Monday when the consultant might have gone through them. I know for a fact the letter was sent 3 weeks ago from our pct.

This really annoys me but most of all I am worried about the treatment we are going to get there! If they are this busy now what is it going to be like when we get around to starting treatment? What if I need to speak to someone but an put on hold for 20 minutes plus? That is seriously going to piss me off.

I know I am extra hormonal today but I am worried we have chosen a clinic that is simply too busy. God know what the waiting list is for treatment? I nearly ripped the receptionist head off today when she tried to put me through to referrals!

I hope we have not made the wrong decision.

Gizzy xxx

I personally have found that until you are a patient, the treatment that you receive can be inferior - particularly from receptionists.

I remember phoning CARE Manchester on a couple of occasions before becoming a patient and making inquires about prices and procedures they'd offer and i never got a call back, even after chasing them up and being reassured i never got a call back!

Once i was a patient, it was better. Not perfect, but better.

I do believe that you will encounter some issues that generally happen when a team is disorganised, but they do not at all reflect on the quality of care you will receive when it comes down to the actual IVF. It's totally separate, so try not to let it fill your head with doom and gloom xx

I think you'll be ok - I've heard quite a lot of frustration about our hospital from other people on forums regarding communication, but the treatment has been absolutely spot on and I couldn't fault a thing. I've not tried to contact them about anything - I'm happier going with the flow, but once we were in the system we've been so well looked after. I'm sure it'll be the same

Have you gone onto the fertilityfriends website? they have threads with other people from the same hospital which may help to ease your mind

Thanks girls I really hope so! Scotch I was wondering whether we would have been better at hammersmith but we chose Barts as it was so close to my work for scans. X

Gizzy x

Honey you're going to be fine. The important stuff is the medical stuff and the choice of units we were given are all wonderful at that.

I am sure the treatment will be a lot more personal once you get going hun, try not to worry about it xxx

Ladies I finally got through to Barts on Friday, they have our letter and they are sending out an appointment for the end of July! So basically 5 weeks away. I am pleaseed acually as it means Neil is off on his school holidays and we can hopefully start August time.

Feel much better xxx

Gizzy xx

Wow that's amazing! It's so great to have a month in mind to work towards :)

Someone once told me that the summer holidays were super busy because of all the teachers lol

Woohoo great news Giz, it's always good to have a timescale in mind!
Hopefully you'll be able to get started quickly after that appointment! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back