I'm so Pi**ed off!! Grrr!!

SarahH

Reaction score
I am so annoyed and upset... the last few days my hubby has been saying to me "are you ok? Are you depressed?" Which I am most defo not, I am at the happiest I have ever been with my life just now.

Anyway, it all came to ahead last night and we had an argument about it and I finally got it out him why he keeps asking me this.... apparently all my friends have said that they think I have PND as I dont go out with them anymore!!
The only reason I don't go out with them is I dont get invited, I can't get a baby sitter or we already have something planned. I still go out with them every now and then but they all go out partying every weekend.. which I have never done.
They are all just newly graduated from uni... have their first jobs paying lots of money so they are going out enjoying themselves.... I never went to uni and started earning at 16 so I have done all the partying non stop years ago while they were still studying. They are just settled down with their boyfriends and I have been with my hubby for 7yrs at the weekend... we are settled, we have travelled the world, got married and now have a gorgeous daughter... I wouldnt change one bit of my life.

I am so annoyed that they went to my hubby tho... if they are that concerned why didnt they come to me?

I hope this doesnt offend anyone that does have PND... I myself have never had it but have been depressed in the past and had councilling due to other issues and I know how tough life can get.

I understand your frustration, it must seem like everyone has been talking behind your back! Id be just as peed off!

I think you'll be loking back and laughing at it soon though, I suppose it is because they care and they just dont understand the difference between your lives and that you dont want what they have, one day they'll realise that what you have is so much more fullfilling! :hug:

Hi honey,

Sorry you are feeling so annoyed :( It is frustrating when friends are at a different stage of life to you...I suppose your friends are guilty of not really thinking properly, but I am sure their actions are just an oversight rather than any maliciousness. They are enjoying their new found money and freedom and just want you to share that with them...they equate,wrongly, staying in as being unhappy and bored. At least they were concerned about you, misguided as it was, and talked to your hubby. Perhaps they were scared of upsetting you. Obviously I don't know your situation fully, but I would not fall out with these friends. They sound like good, but misguided friends. Why don't you invite them over for a girly night in? I would talk candidly to them about how you are happy and that you still want to do things with them, but your new role in life means that you can't always drop everything to be with the girls...agree that they should still invite you out, but give you some notice to arrange a babysitter, or even have a girly night in every month so that you can catch up without the hassle of a baby sitter.
I hope you feel better about it soon and that your friends see just how happy you are.
:hug:
Michelle
x

The thing is... there are 3 of them and I always have them over (usually at least one of them) for dinner or something as I try my hardest to keep in contact with them... especially with us moving abroad sometime soon.

I wouldn't fall out with them about as they are still my rocks and I know they will ALWAYS be there no matter what like I would be for them, it's just so frustrating!

If they have a night out the call me at 1pm on the Friday afternoon and say "fancy coming out tonight" I can't get a sitter that quick and if I say well my hubby will stay in with Arianna and I'll go out they moan as their boyfriends are going and want male company!!

Grrrrrrrrr!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back