Really fancy eating earth, stones and mud! Weird!!

Julia

Reaction score
Hi Girls,

I also had this at the end of my first pregnancy - I really want to eat earth, stones and mud!!! I could stand in my garden shed all day smelling the earthy smell that is in there!!! Soooooo weird! Body is probably lacking in some kind of mineral found in earth!!

Julia xxxx

Ooh I just posted about my crazy cravings in another post! So weird! I want petrol and ash and stuff like that!??? Cant think what I could need and my iron levels are fine!?

Not weird at all. My mum ate earth and plaster when she was pregnant with me..

Yeah... I really wanted some gravel the other day :oops: How eww.....? But I wanted the chalky texture. It's well weird!

I read this
"Occasionally women experience weird cravings that signal they are deficient in certain nutrients. Vary rarely women have strange cravings for substances that are bad including dirt or other undesirable substances. This condition, often referred to in the medical community as "pica" usually signifies that someone is deficient in iron. Substantial cravings for ice may be a sign of an iron deficiency. Still other women may experience chocolate cravings which may be normal or a sign that women need more B vitamins. Still other patients desire large quantities of protein. Fortunately protein is very good for pregnant women and in most cases there is nothing wrong with indulging your cravings"
http://www.womenshealthcaretopics.com/p ... avings.htm

But my iron levels were fine when checked at 28 weeks. Perhaps I should start eating some more iron though......

Oh yes... I also am craving soil ... again :( i did at the end of my first pregnancy. im crazy about ice and soil. i stood in the shop sniffing the bag of compost somebody had opened :doh: it smelt so good i just wanted to eat it. our tap water tastes really earthy here so my icecubes taste a little like soil too wich makes me even crazier haha!!

Im grateful that all I have craved is sweet stuff :shock:

Actually no, my thighs arent grateful :lol:

I am not weird then!

My mouth is watering just reading these posts about earth and mud. Going to take a trip to B&Q tomorrow!!

Thanks for your replies, girls!

Julia xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back