Anyone else had weird tired feeling in one leg and sore hip?

Julia

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I am 35 + 2 weeks pregnant and can't wait to meet my little morris dancer! Over the last couple of days I have been having a weird really tired achy feeling down my right leg. It is almost as if it is going to give way. I feel like I have walked for miles on it! As I said, it is not both of them, just one! On the same side of my body my hip occasionally feels like it is being pulled and pushed as if it is going to come out of the socket - only for a second and then it goes. Some times it is really sharp. Could this be the baby moving against it, pressing into it? I imagine all sorts of things like I have a blood clot etc!! (Hormones I think).

The joys of pregnancy!!! I am already a maniac of a mother!!!

Julia xxxx

I don't think its anything to worry about, I had problems with my hips mainly my right one from about 20 weeks. I'd be limping round everywhere and it felt like the bones were rubbing together. I'd get out of bed in the night and it felt like me hip was gonna pop out. Don't know what causesd it, if it was the baby presing on a nerve or my ligament were just so relaxed but I have heard its common. Cleared up straight after she was born anyway. Hope thats all that it is and it clears up soon for you!

hi ive had terrible trouble with my hips mainly at night the only way i could describe it to midwife was that it feels like its about to dislocate lol midwife gave me some exercises to do and advised on ways of getting in and out of bed and in and out of cars etc it helps a little bit best thing you can do is have a chat with your midwife or gp about it xxxx

I have a right leg that constantly gives way and goes dead, especially in bed! I have found a pillow between my ankles stops it, dont know why!!!

At work until friday then can finally rest, my legs keep going dead which is funny to explain to the customers!!!

Thanks for your replies, girls

I am going to leave work 3 weeks before baby is due (in a week and a half's time)... so hopefully what ever the problem is may ease a little then. I think, like all of you said, it will probably disappear after the baby is born. Come to think of it, the weight of the baby, placenta, fluid etc is bound to have some affect on hips and legs! I think I will have a word with my midwife (which ever one I see this time - see someone different every time!)

Thanks for the continued support....

Julia xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back