• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Real nausea remedies

Redshoes

Reaction score
What actually worked for you?
I've tried ginger, sniffing lemons and homeopath remedies and nothing is shifting this morning,
afternoon and night constant sickness, argghhh, its doing my head in :wall: :lol:

Up until last week eating little and often was working for me but now nothing is.
I'm having to make sure I'm home by 3pm as that is when it's coming on now.
Haven't actually been sick but spent time on the sofa with a bucket for the past couple of days making horrid noises but nothing coming up :puke: .
Husband and I had to get out of a shop in town a bit quick on Saturday as was retching!

Icepoles and ice cold drinks hun or even just suck on an icecube! Oh and mints :hug: :hug:

a cup of tea and toast in the morning
Nothing else stopped me being sick if i had any other breakfast i threw it back up if i had no breakfast i was sick all morning.

tea and toast my friends :hug:

Fizzy drinks really help me although I'm trying to limit them! Also I bought some of those sickness wrist bands from Boots and they work for a little while, good for train / car journeys etc x

im the same i cant eat hot food just now cold pasta and sandwiches seem to be ok. I find eating polo fruits or chewits seem to take the sicky feeling away.

Hi guys, ive been suffering really badly with my sickness as well and i also brought the sickness bands that someone else has mentioned and i agree that they don't seem to work for very long, i found that normal tea without milk but with a couple of pieces of crsytalised ginger that helped me alot and also sucking on some hard candy and crackers.... My sickness has subsided now... i've also found that if you suffer with stress like i do then my sickness was made worse for that reason whether any of the above helps.. hopefully it will. hope everyone feels better soon. :hug: :hug: :hug:

ive been drinking ginger ale but you say uve tried ginger :( :hug:

yes i tried ginger ale aswell but the fizzyness of that made me sick but the ginger tea made me feel alot better. but i didnt buy the pre made one i made my own with crystalised ginger which you can buy from tesco etc

absolutly nothingworked for my sickness last time round until i got to 17 weeks and was given iv zofran, and that stopped it.

I've been taking preggie pops (boiled sweets for M/S). They've been working up until now but just lately the sickness has returned as soon as I've finished the sweet. Also they are a bit expensive, I may switch to polos when I've finished these!

Thankyou very much for all the advice ladies :hug:
I am sensing chewing or sucking on something may be useful, so bags of hard boiled sweets I think :D
I heard today that if you pop a few drops of spearmint oil into a bowl of boiled water, in your room beofre bed, then after 3 nights of that it goes, so will be trying that once I get hold of some spearmint oil 8)
Mildly they are expensive aren't they :shock: Might have to look up how to make boiled candy and add the ingrediants myself :lol:
Thankyou again everyone, hope it subsides for you all too :hug: :hug: :hug:

I'm afraid nothing helped me :(

I am still being sick sometimes now :(

Redshoes said:

Mildly they are expensive aren't they :shock: Might have to look up how to make boiled candy and add the ingrediants myself :lol:
Thankyou again everyone, hope it subsides for you all too :hug: :hug: :hug:

And my OH has taken a liking to them too! :lol: They do taste nice but still :roll: :D

You could probably make some extra money if you made them yourself and sold them for just under the preggie pops price lol :D

Also bizarrely, I have found that clementines seem to help with nausea too :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back