Raspberry Leaf Tablets

XXAmyXX

Reaction score
Have been meaning 2 start taking these for weeks but was jst 2 lazy to go in2 town for them :oops: Anyway got them yesterday and said on the bottle maximum 6 tablets in a day so I thought wot the hell and have taken 2 with meals (breakfast,lunch & dinner) but thought I would ask ur views on this should I build up 2 the 6 a day or will it b safe enough. I jst thought that as they are a herbal thing and I am now 37 weeks there could b no real harm done and hopefully they work!! :pray:

At 37 weeks I'd go straight in to 6 a day, 2 with each meal and not worry.

To be getting the maximum effect for second stage labour and healing after you need to have started them a fair few weeks ago and built up to 6 a day by 37 weeks. So taking 6 a day now you are almost there isn't a problem. Just you won't have had quite as many nor had the build up in your system.

Keep taking them after birth also for a couple of weeks as they help stem bleeding after giving birth also. Plus a few other good things :)

XXAmyXX said:
I jst thought that as they are a herbal thing and I am now 37 weeks there could b no real harm done and hopefully they work!! :pray:

I just wanted to say hun, not with the RLT, but in general, just because something is herbal doesnt mean its safe to take during pregnancy!

lea m said:
XXAmyXX said:
I jst thought that as they are a herbal thing and I am now 37 weeks there could b no real harm done and hopefully they work!! :pray:

I just wanted to say hun, not with the RLT, but in general, just because something is herbal doesnt mean its safe to take during pregnancy!

Yes with the RLT too!

There has been a recent study into RLT and pre-eclampsia and there is a possible link. I started taking RLT when I was 37 weeks, I;d not had any problems through my entire pregnancy, within a week my blood pressure had shot up and I ended up having an emergancy C-section. Now, I'm not saying that it definately was the RLT that did it, but I have a strong suspision that it was.

If you are going to take them, then at least talk to your mid-wife before you do. I know many people think, oh, it's natural, it won;t hurt me, but then tobbacco, deadly nightshade and opium are natural too!

Your post is the first time I have read or heard anything about pre-eclampsia and a possible link to RLT.

I'd be interested to read any studies. I've not yet come across anyone else who thinks that RLT caused them to have pre-eclampsia :think: I used it and had no problems. I did also read up on it before taking it and found nothing of note against its use in the last weeks of pregnancy. My MW had no concerns when I told her I was planning to take it.

Got a link to the study? I'd like to read it :) If not I'll go do some digging and see if I can find it.

Interesting. Thanks for finding it :)

However the Mail reports incorrectly the reason to take RLT :roll:

Raspberry leaf

Infusion thought to help bring on labour and ease the pains of childbirth. However, the study linked it to a higher incidence of pre-eclampsia and babies more likely to need special care.

I don't know. As I said, you are the first person I have ever come across who says about RLT and pre eclampsia. I had no concerns taking it and probably won't again. I did my reasearch, was well informed on RLT before I started taking it and informed my MW I was planning to take it and from when. I had a great labour, second stage was quick, my bleeding stopped within about 10 days of giving birth and LO was absolutely fine.

The medical profession is and always will be leary of herbal remedies. As to the findings of the study, it takes more than one study to make a definate case. I read other things when PG about pregnancy, labour and all sorts of things where studies had been done, but still no conclusive proof was found for various things. TBH it often seems the medical profession contradict themselves depending on who you speak to or who advises you or what you read :roll: And not just in pregnancy but in just about every other aspect of our lives :doh:

Thanx for ur replies girlies all comments welcome!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back