rasberry leaf tea

charlibear85

Reaction score
hiya all,
i am really interested in getting some rasberry leaf tea, i know it comes in tablet form or in a tea. but what would you recommend?

where can i get it from?
how much does it cost?
and,
can you have both tea and the tablets or have you got to have one or the other?

Hi Charlibear

I got my raspberry leaf tea from a local health shop. i think it was about £1.50 for 20 tea bags. At first, i thought it was horrid, but after 2 or 3 cups i found i actually prefer it to 'normal' tea now!

Good luck

Sam & Bump

x

Hi charlibear, I got your PM. My midwife advised the tablets as the tea is foul she said. you can get them from Holland & Barrett

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/ ... 1&cpid=323

I dont see any problem with having a mix of the two, but its recomended to take from 36weeks. Start with one cup of tea a day or one tablet and build up gradually to a maximum of four cups of tea or tablets daily. The tea can be sipped freely during labour, too.

Personaly I would rather have tablets than trying to knock back 4 cups a day!

just got back from holland and barrettt and they did sell the tea, so i bought that instead of the tablets

20 tea bags for £1.19

good investment if its gonna bring on labour LOL

xxxx

OH MY GOD!!!!!

that rasberry leaf tea is the most horrid thing i have ever tasted in my life! YAK!!!!! think i will go back and get the tablets LOL

LOL charlibear I thought that too at first but I've got used to it now, I don't know if its a psychological thing maybe my brain telling me its gonna help??? Anyway I drink two cups a day and sometimes quite enjoy it! :shock:

LOL i was going to go and get myself some raspberry leaf teabags... hmm think i might reconsider and just be a wussy and go straight to tablet form lol... :)

i love it lol ive been drinkin more than 3 cups a day too :shock: i dont think it will do n e thin dangerous

hi have all you ladies been recommended by midwifes to drink red raspberry leaf tea? my midwife told me to avoid it even after 36 weeksbecause of the contractions it causes and she said that baby will come when he wants t and it might force me to early labour.
just wanted a second opinion. x

my midwife recommended using it from week 37 as it conditions the cervix as well as encourages labour to start.... from 37 weeks you are considered full term so it cant harm any one to start labour from then on..... i just have to avoid going over 41 weeks or i will have to have the baby in a hospital :cry:

Hi,
yeah my midwife suggested it to me, and in anti-natal last night we were all advised to start taking it once we had reached 36+ weeks, as it helps condiditon the uterus, but not before that time!

I started with rasberry leaf tea yesterday, and its not as horrid tasting as i was expecting, i quite liked it :) i also bought the capsules incase, so now i can mix and match depending on my mood.

i also picked up some mum omega, has anyone else tried this or read about the benefits?
Its omega 3 and 6 in capsule form which help to develop the babies brain and if continued whilst breastfeeding they apparently create a cleverer baby, the benefit of them that had me most interested tho was the fact that it reduces your chances of postnatal depression, which is brilliant, i suffered really badly after my 2nd and anything that would help stop this is a godsend!!

My midwife advised this week that you should only take a maximum of 3 cups of raspberry tea per day. Any more than this could apparently cause stronger more painful contractions. Also she asked if my Braxton Hicks have been stronger since i started taking the tea, which is actually true, although I'd not linked the two before.
As for these Omega thingies I'd not heard of them before so I've not been taking them. Maybe I should start now! Although if its got its mummy's brains it will be a clever kid anyway hee hee :wink:

hi thanks ladies, well i went and got sum tablets from holland and barret. will start taking them in 2 weeks!!! ohhhh all excited now!! hehe :lol:

does anyone think that the raspberry leaf tea has helped at all? i thought it might of brought on some mild contractions or something as i havent had any braxton hicks at all through my pregnancy

but here i am still LOL 3 days left and not even a twinge!!!!

A friend of mine swears by them, she went over with her first and by the time she was 2 days over she started drinkin rasberry leaf tea and she had the baby the next evening... she had no signs of labour beforehand, then with her second she started with it slightly before her due date and the same happened 2 days later she gave birth... coincidence maybe... i'm gonna try it out tho must be worth a go... no BHC's for me yet tho :(

Good luck everyone... all getting so close now :)

well ive been drinking it for two weeks now and nothing!!! but its suposed to help strenghthen the uterus etc so i hoping its doing some good!!! wish baby would just hurry up thou, perhaps hes liking the raspberry tea so much that he doesnt wana come out!!!!! ha ha!!!

just wondering how long after starting to take the raspberry tablets did u feel like thye were woring ( like giving u BH) and how many did u take in the beginning?

Raspberry leaf tea does not actually start labour, it tones the uterus. Meaning that when labour does start your contractions will be more beneficial etc.

Fresh pineapple is another one you can try!!

I hated raspberry leaf tea with my 1st two so will definately be getting the tablets this time around!!

Enjoy!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back