Interesting information on Rasberry leaf tea!

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by -Cat-, Jul 27, 2005.

1. -Cat-

-Cat- Well-Known Member

I have just been to see my midwife and was having a chat about different methods of bringing on labour and how they work - or dont work.
    I told her that I had heard that rasberry leaf tea was ment to bring on contractions. And she said that they actually recomend it to women who are 36 weeks pregnant, you can take it in tablet form as the tea or horrible apparently and its ment to help condition the uterus for labour and is very benificial, she did stress though that it shouldnt be taken any earlier than 36weeks as it can bring on labour. But she said otherwise it is advised as it aids labour and helps the uterus to contract better!

Just thought I would let you know!

2. honey7733

honey7733 Well-Known Member

hi kay

i had the tablet form, i took 4-6 a day, after 36 weeks.

most herbal remedy shops sell them, i think i payed £3.99 for 100 400mg capsules.

hope this helps. good luck!

3. honey7733

like i said i did take them , not too sure if they actually worked as i ended up wiv an emergency c -section!

4. honey7733

morning kay,

n e things worth a try!!

hope all is well 4 u! goodluck!!!

5. Hypnorm

Hypnorm Well-Known Member

HI, i have been told that the tea is better to take than the tablets. the tablets have alot of other stuffin them which probably isn't to strong.,
    I have found the tea quite pleasant - certainly much better than some of the herbal tea i have tried!
    mine is health heather raspberry leaf in fusion.

only a couple of weeks to go!
    am tired now!

6. Rosebay

Rosebay Well-Known Member

7. boo boo

boo boo Well-Known Member

My friend had a baby a few weeks ao, and we all wanted it to come out before her birthday so we could take her out to get drunk, so i nipped down to asdas grabbed a pack of rasberry tea, and sat her down for a nce cuppa. And that very night, dnt know if it was coinsidence or ot, but she went in to labour, well i like to think that my little offering of rasberry tea done the trick, lol. :lol: :lol:

Well im def gonna invest in some wen the time comes.

bec x x

8. Hypnorm

Hypnorm Well-Known Member

9. Manda

Manda Well-Known Member

My friend used the tea on both of her pregnancies and she had really easy short labours on both (still painful though apparently) you can get it from any health food shops, i wreckon boots will sell it.