rant :-(

Krystal

Reaction score
arghhh i'm so unhappy with myself!

Last month I bought myself a new phone.. £300!! thought i'd treat myself. I bought sim free cos wasnt due for an upgrade on my staff phone yet. I woke up this morning and it was sat at the side of my bed in a bloody glass of blackcurrant juice :cry: My sim was in it and I have a text from my mum on it who has died so i was crying and panicking but luckily the sim works in my old phone so relaxed about that now.

Unfortunately the phone wont work at all.. all my pics and videos are on there. I'm so sad, know its daft but it was lot of money and i loved it and all my pics of my baby are on there and first vid i got of him giggling :cry: :cry:

stupid cow that i am :x :x :x

arghhh sorry but needed to vent - ahhh feels better now :)

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

poor you, what a nightmare.... :(

I have to ask though......how the heck did it get into the glass?? :shock:

Sammystar said:
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

poor you, what a nightmare.... :(

I have to ask though......how the heck did it get into the glass?? :shock:

:? well my bed has like a ledge all around of it.. my bedside cabnet is currently not at my bedside cos i'm changing around so i put glass on the floor and phone on the ledge directly above the glass and must have knocked it off in the night :doh: I know.. i'm stupid :shhh:

no you're not. That's the sort of thing I'd do..... :doh:

There's no way to recover it at all? I think Budge did something similar once and she put hers in the airing cupboard to dry out. Maybe worth a go?

:hug:

yeah I've tried using the hairdryer and now it's sat on top of a towel on top of a radiator.. i'll leave it for a bit and see what happens :? :pray:

OH just text me and said he'll get me another one for xmas if it dont work :dance: :dance:

Sorry to hear about this :(

Can you not claim on the insurance for it? If its that expensive it might be worth doing so? Or did it come with some form of extra insurance?

I once had a similar problem with a landline phone and since then don't keep any phone near the bed at night. It stays on the shelf out of the way or I just turn my mobile off overnight so as not to be disturbed.

Sherlock said:
Sorry to hear about this :(

Can you not claim on the insurance for it? If its that expensive it might be worth doing so? Or did it come with some form of extra insurance?

I once had a similar problem with a landline phone and since then don't keep any phone near the bed at night. It stays on the shelf out of the way or I just turn my mobile off overnight so as not to be disturbed.

because I bought it sim free its not covered by my phone insurance :? I didnt buy any extra insurance either. I have manufacturers warranty but they wont cover for water damage. :roll: and.... i rent my house and havent even bothered with contents insurance yet cos haven't got round to it.

In short I'm a silly cow who must like wasting money :lol:

Sweetcheeks24 said:
i rent my house and havent even bothered with contents insurance yet cos haven't got round to it.

Aww shame its not covered.

BTW, does your tenancy small print agreement say anything about you needing insurance when renting? We *have* to have valid insurance to cover accidental damage etc and insure our contents etc as part of the agreement. We went through a decent letting agency and without it we don't get the house or are in breech of the agreement. That way if we damage a light fitting or something, its on us naturally. But if it is faulty and needs replacing thats on the landlord. But our insurance will cover it sort of thing. Just something you might want to check out.

Sherlock said:
Sweetcheeks24 said:
i rent my house and havent even bothered with contents insurance yet cos haven't got round to it.

Aww shame its not covered.

BTW, does your tenancy small print agreement say anything about you needing insurance when renting? We *have* to have valid insurance to cover accidental damage etc and insure our contents etc as part of the agreement. We went through a decent letting agency and without it we don't get the house or are in breech of the agreement. That way if we damage a light fitting or something, its on us naturally. But if it is faulty and needs replacing thats on the landlord. But our insurance will cover it sort of thing. Just something you might want to check out.

hmm i'll have to have a look into that. nothing was mentioned. TBH i really need to get it now anyways. I'm just lazy when it comes to doing boring stuff like that lol. Will have a word with OH :hug:

It might just be the screen thats buggered. All your pics and vids are in the phone memory so maybe get a USB cable and try downloading them. I don't even know if this is possible? Might be worth a try though?

lou said:
It might just be the screen thats buggered. All your pics and vids are in the phone memory so maybe get a USB cable and try downloading them. I don't even know if this is possible? Might be worth a try though?

doesnt work but u have reminded me that the memory card should work and that might have some of pics on :pray: thank uuuuu x

My OH dropped his phone down the toilet a couple of weeks ago when he was drunk :roll: luckily he didn't wee on it :lol:
After it dried out properly it did work again but the screen isn't as bright

Hope you can fix it :hug:

Perhaps you should write ot type up the message from your mum to keep it somewhere safe. I got OH to type up all my texts from my Grandma and then delete tham for me because I knew I'd be really upset if I lost them and that way it wouldn't happen.
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Take the phone totally apart and leave it to dry for at least 2 days.
Don't try and turn it on till it's totally dried out.

I know people who's phone have been through the washing machine as long as you don't try to turn it on too much (which buggers the battery) you'll be fine.

Good luck.

thanks Urchin - currently in process of trying. :pray:

Kalia - my OH wants me to do something like that but i cant bring myself to delete text.. all it says is 'I love you too xxx' so I can keep it in my head but i like to look at it. Maybe one day i'll bring myself to doing it. :?

:hug:

Hi,
I don't know whether this will be too little too late but apparantly if you pop a phone that has been dropped in to water into a bag of uncooked white rice the rice will draw the moisture out of the phone and the phone will work again.....

awww sweetie
Bray thro my fone into the bath and i lost all my videos and photos of him that i had taken was really upset so i know how ur feeling :hug:

How annoying :(

Maybe taking it apart would help it dry out.. like take the battery off or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back