Orange Mobile Phones **rant**

Lyndsey

Reaction score
Hello all!

I did something very stupid the other day - I put my mobile phone in the washing machine and it went through a full cycle :shock: ... needless to say it now does not work! I phone orange insurance and they said they would send me a replacement phone. The replacement arrived (thursday) and I put my sim in etc and it wouldn't work... kept dropping the network and saying emergency calls only..... no one could ring me either.

So spent 4 hours on thursday trying to resolve the problem and I kept being told turn it off and turn it back on again..... (that is so annoying!) or take the battery out and then put the battery back in.... it began to work once this had been done so does that mean I have to do that every time I want to make a call??????

anyway it kept dropping the network so a nice man said he would send me another replacement which arrived at 10 o clock last night!!! (friday) Guess what! This one keeps dropping the network too... about 80% of today it has been unable to recieve or make calls!

I just rang up orange again and I was told to turn it off and turn it back on again... when the phone showed a signal the person on the other end said - there is no fault! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :evil:

I told him I needed a phone that was reliable and he said there was nothing he could do as the phone was showing no fault!!! SO I went mad and he said he would send me a sim update nad then ring me in 1 hour.... well funnily enough I can't recieve a sim update as my phone now says emergency calls only and wil not recieve texts!!!!!!!! What do I need to do to get through to these people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stand your ground hun. I had this a while ago with O2, and they finally admitted they needed to do a software update on my phone which sorted it.

Is it a Sony Ericsson by any chance?

No its a Motorola Pebl!!

I put the sim in my ancient samsung and it works fine!!

I used to use orange on pay as you go and couldn't get a signal anywhere. I'm with O2 now and i get the emergency calls only sometimes on a sony phone, but i never thought i could have been the phone and not the reception. Maybe i'll try to get a software update.

Anyhoo, keep on bugging them. They'll give in eventually. You'd have thought with phone insurance that they'd sent an identical phone as a replacement. Have you asked about being sent the same model? I'd have thought they'd have to send one at least as good. Hence insurance and not replacement policy. :think:

You know what I think of them Lyndsey!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

your kiddin? iv had my pebl stolen and have to ring up monday to get a replacement are they going to send me cr*p too?

It is written in the small print that they don;t actually send you new phones they send you repaired ones.. so they could have been dropped or anything... if there is a red dot inside by where the sim is that means water damage ( dropped in toilet or put in washer!)

Just rang them back as they never rang me - surprise surprise and they are going to send out Another phone but if I am not in they will charge me £15... what if I am in the hospital!???

No guarentee that I won't have the same problem with this other replacement...... woman on the end didn't seem bothered at all.... its a right pain in the ass when you can't rely on your phone!!!!!!!

What a pain in the arse. Poor you hunni, how long does it take these phones to come out?

Well I just rang them and they said I could have the delivery slot tomorow 6-10 at night.... last time the guy came at 2210!!!!! I was in my PJ's thinking he had forgot!

If I am in labour I will have to get my next door neighbour to look out for it!

did you tell them hun how close you are to having the baby? Im so annoyed 4 u. do you think they'll send me my replacement if i call monday? Its so annoying their offices r closed at wknds not v happy bet your livid arent u :evil:

Ring 07973100150 thats who I rang and they are there all the time...

I am sure when I get this new phone that I will have a similar problem.. thing is I am stuck in an 18 month contract!!! :evil:

I cant believe that your insurance only gives out replacements that are rubbishly repaired phones. That's really awful. If you phone them again try explaining your situation and that you need a phone you can rely on because of the situation. Maybe you'll be lucky enough to be talking to someone with a heart :hug:

Well new phone just arrived and it seems ok!!! Buttons on it seem a little weird ( raised where they should be flat) but I have full strength signal!! Whoo hoo!

Fingers crossed it stays like this....

Thanx for all your responses...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back