RANT - Next door neighbour

kellylou

Reaction score
Sorry for the rant but I need to let off steam next door have a little girl and well every morning she wakes me up screaming through the walls (we have a semi and the walls are like paper) and its every single morning I know I need to get used to this but cant I get used to it with my own baby rather than someone elses!!!!

I have had to take the day off work today (unpaid!!) as I am so exhausted through aches, pains, headache and pains from the toilet tmi! I am lyiing in bed trying to rest and catch up on sleep and all I can hear is banging doors, banging as she cleans around the whole house and just general banging its driving me crazy I just cannot cope!

I have asked hubby to have a word as I will just get into an argument otherwise I am going to be stressed beyond belief! Really there is no need to slam a door when there is a handle!

Argh ....sorry:wall2::wall2::wall2::wall2:

Aw no x x I find that hearing someone elses child scream winds me up whereas when it's my own I stay calm and can just deal with it x our neighbours are really noisy too-usually bloody tv at 6 am as we live in a flat and next doors lounge is next to our bedroom-really badly planned out! x x I hope you feel better soon and your neighbours start being a bit quieter x hugs

We get the same with our neighbours! I get woken up at 7am with my neighbour screaming at her kids to get out of bed, then the boys start fighting then it calms down when they go to school, as soon as they get home we get her shouting at the kids again, them running up and down the stairs then when they go to bed, the mum then starts the house work so we hear the hoover going around at 10pm!! grrr
the other side ain't so bad but they always have their telly up loud so we can hear it word for word until 2am!!!
OH's banged on the wall before, had a sly word but it still carries on so once little man arrives i'm not gonna worry if he wakes the neighbours in the early hours of the morning!! hahaa

Thats what I was thinking too our little one will wake them up but I am dreading the banging of the door when I just get the baby off to sleep and then lo is awake again screaming argh think oh will have to have a word esp as I have just been sobbing as I cannot cope anymore!!!

You need your rest as much as poss atm too so def have a word! I wouldn't worry about annoying them etc, it's not fair on you!!

only time i ever hear my neighbour is when he was a bath at 5am as his bathroom is just above my bedroom. im lucky i guess.. but we will have to move before winter so you never know whats comin.
I think its just common sence so have a word, i would try and be more quiet if my neighbur asked me.

I think I'm the only lady on my street with kids everyone else is well quiet lol!! God knows what they think of me when the kids do my head in haha and I have another little one on the way the lady next door to be is quite old too and I know her bedroom is ring next to mine as I can hear the phone ringing alll the time and I can hear every word of every conversation she has and her toilet flushing hahahaha!! It's a good job I can't understand her accent too well otherwise I could be well nosey haha! X

hey hun..i would get ur hubby to have a word, defo dont attempt it urself lol

im sure if he explains that ur preg and have a hard night, theyl understand and try and calm it down a bit!! all the best...keep us posted xx

The house next door to us is currently empty until the new owner moves in so we're making the most of it by having our TV on really loud etc! And I crank my music up full whack when doing the housework.

I do worry about when our new neighbour turns up as we could hear our last neighbours cough through our bedroom walls... Dread to think what our screaming LO is going to sound like! lol x

Aw that sucks for you honey.

When I was living in a flat, the guy above me ripped up the carpets and just redid the floorboards. And then refused to take of his heavy clunky shoes when he got home. I went to have a words once, Politely, Went back to the flat. It was quiet. Then an hour later, About 5 more people arrived and went to his flat. Then they all proceeded to dance on the floorboards for half an hour.

I went up again, Politely said its 3am, Could you possibly keep the noise down. But they carried on, turned up music etc.

So I went up one last time, And said if you dont quiet down, i will call the police.

10 Minutes later the guy was at MY door. And he goes "If you dont stop harrasssing me, I will call the police on YOU"

Eventually I solved the problem by bringing up the fact that I knew were he worked, And was a good friend of his boss, and could have a word with him.

Below the belt, But it worked. He shut up, and never a problem afterward.

I like that idea, I have asked hubby to have a word if it contiinues and if they don't do anything we will call the landlord as they are doing my head in!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momsoon566
Back