rah the C word

Gem & Leland

Reaction score
yes contraception :wall:

can anyone tell me there experiences on the coil ? its just hubby seems to be pushing for me to have this as i dont think he fancy using condoms for years and i cant go back on the pill / hormones

i had it in for 12 years hun and never had a problem, would def have it again without a moment hesitation but husband has had vesectomy so dont need too :hug:

hiya

not to upset anyone, but my friend has just had the coil removed, she kept on getting pregnant on it and it did its job it terminated the pregnancy, she didn't know what was happening at first she thought it was just a VERY bad monthly think it happened about 8 times, when she did now what was happening she was that up set she asked for it to be removed.

i was considering having the coil till i spoke to her, i have been told the chip thing in your arm is supposed to be good.

bobby

I know a few women who use it. One has never had a problem, another had to have it changed a few times and the third could not get on with it so had it removed.

I think it really is a case of suck it and see. It might work for you, it might not.

Sorry not much help there :roll:

you really don't want to know about my experience... i think i have put everyone on here off them for life.

http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/forum/v ... hp?t=60845

i'm on the minipill now. im crap with taking pills but i have a reminder on my phone and so far i've taken it correctly every day.

my midwife though had only good things to say about the coil, which is a pity that it didn't work out for me. not to scare you with my story though as apparently situations like mine only happen 1 in 1000 women. there's another 999 to go before that'll happen again so if you get in quickly you should be alright ;)

:D

x

i loved my coil...it was a mirena coil. It hurt like hell to go in and have taken out but I had 5 years of no periods or pill taking or worry. I didn't have any probs when it came out either and I got pregnant really quickly too so be warned. :shock: I don't know if I will have it again...mainly because it costs 350€ here to have one and I don't have that kind of cash.

Other than the disaster I had, just want to say it didn't hurt to go in or take out. It was while it was inside that was crap!

I don't have any personal experience with it but my mum had one put in to help with her heavy periods. It was bliss for the 5 years it lasted - light or no periods. When it came to having it removed she ended up having to have a general anaesthetic because although it was still in place the strings got lost and they couldn't remove it the way they normally do.

I don't have a personal experience of using a coil but I also cant take the pill. Me & hubby have always used condoms but I must admit I do think they can sometime "spoil the moment" IYKWIM??

Anyway when I was TTC I bought a Persona machine which is a method of contraception which tells you which days out of your cycle are safe to have sex without using protection & which days you should use protection.

Its really easy to use and the machine uses your ov days to give you the result of being able to have sex with or without protection. You have to test your urine using sticks on 8 days out of your cycle (unless its the first time using the machine then you do 16 tests), and a pack of sticks are around £10, the machine was £64.99 from Boots online with free delivery. and came with all the sticks you need for your first cycle

I would say its worth every penny considering how much condoms are, plus you can always use the machine for TTC if you decide to have any more children.

if its any help i had the implant put in my arm at hospital b4 i left, didn't want to chance forgetting to take a pill :shock:

so far i'm happy with it, haven't got to worry about it either for 3 years :dance: just hope i don't forget to get it changed on dd 3rd birthday :rotfl:

ive had the coil and fallen pregnant with it :wall: also had the implant and it made me put on soooooo much weight and my skin went awful and hair started falling out.

im dreading what to use after DD is born, i cant use pill, i dont trust coil, and dont like implant or injection coz of the side effects. OH is allergic to latex :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Never had the coil but had the implant in my arm and it was gr8 didnt have to worry for three years!

A story i do know though, apparently my cous had the coil and got preg, the bub was born with the coil on his head lmao! :rotfl:
xx

P.s your bub is gorg!!!!

falling pregnant with coil caused me to have eptopic pregnancy :cry:

and yeah i know im stuffed G3M :rotfl: they best bring out male pill in next 2 months :cheer:

yeah have u seen the price of them??? and the nhs wont provide them :evil:

im just gonna make it withdraw and pray :rotfl:

paradysso said:
im just gonna make it withdraw and pray :rotfl:

and thats how come im having a baby :lol:

i think i'll go for the 12 weekley depo injection...ive had it before (about 10 years ago) and was fine with it then....

:rotfl: i dont mind if i get pregnant again, so i let fate do what it wants but hopefully my body waits a year as we will need to move house to fit more babies in :rotfl:

u can always try temping ? i did it to get pregnant but it would work to not get preggy too . only trouble is , when your ovulating , your more randy so u;d have to be really disaplined lol

first time using condoms last ngiht in like 3 years ! god now i know what a passion killer they are :oops: :rotfl:

it took us 2 years to get preggy again , but knowing our luck we;d fall straight away if we left it to fate :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back