Radio One Edit The Pogues

Urchin

Reaction score
Radio One have taken the word "Faggot" out of "Fairytale of New York."

They say it could cause offence.

What do you think? I think it's so stupid! They didn't worry about offending people last year, or the year before.... what's changed now?

Also, they keep saying on the Radio One news "We've taken the word Faggot out of the song"

If you think it's so offensive stop bloody saying it! :roll:

I've just read about this :shock:
I don't understand why they have edited it out it has been played for all these years with out any complaints.
I voted No it's stupid.

I understand why some anally retentive morons might take offense, but when taken in context of the song its not offensive atall!

I love that song its my fave xmas song ever :lol:

i was pmsl this morning when they were on about it! Its a song for god sake!
And like you say urchin...its more offensive most likely when they keep saying it over and over and over (herd them talk about it 4 times in the space of my less than hour drive home!) then it being once in the song!
PC going way overboard in my opinion.
They were also talking about ginger hair iin Chris Moyles beard....am i supposed to take offence that he didnt like that idea?!

Last edited:
So what are we supposed to be calling faggots now then?

"Darling, could you pass me the food type formely known as faggots, please"

Becs said:
So what are we supposed to be calling faggots now then?

"Darling, could you pass me the food type formely known as faggots, please"

could you pass me the meat balls of no particular sexual orientation, race or religion please

ffs, the fools

if they keep changing the words to the songs in case they upset a minority, i'll f**k emigrate

Well, I refuse to eat straight meatballs, they aren't as fluffy. If they aren't serving the gay kind anymore, I'll not be having any!! :shakehead:

Did they edit the rest of it?! lmao

Youre a bum
Youre a punk
Youre an old slut on junk
Lying there almost dead on a drip in that bed
You scumbag, you maggot
You cheap lousy faggot
Happy christmas your arse
I pray God its our last

leckershell said:
Did they edit the rest of it?! lmao

Youre a bum
Youre a punk
Youre an old slut on junk
Lying there almost dead on a drip in that bed
You scumbag, you maggot
You cheap lousy faggot
Happy christmas your arse
I pray God its our last

:rotfl: :rotfl: and they choose the word faggot to edit out

There are loads of songs they play that really offend me... that candy shop one from a couple of years ago and stuff like that

i agree :shakehead: :shakehead:

i think becomin a mum has made me actually notice how sexually orientated and violent things are, like rap videos with half naked girls and film posters of men with guns - terrible :talkhand: :talkhand:

I find a lot of the rap songs are degrading to women (god how old do I sound) and that women are sexual playthings that should obey their men. I will try my damn hardest to make Ryan a caring bloky who treats women well, but I dread to think what the current primary school age lads think about girls if that's the music they listen to.

My brother ( 18 ) talks like a black man (in a rap way if you know what I mean) and has still managed to find a girlfriend :?

leckershell said:
My brother ( 18 ) talks like a black man (in a rap way if you know what I mean) and has still managed to find a girlfriend :?

Oh god not like Tim Westwood?!

:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back