Radio One Edit The Pogues

Urchin said:
leckershell said:
My brother ( 18 ) talks like a black man (in a rap way if you know what I mean) and has still managed to find a girlfriend :?

Oh god not like Tim Westwood?!

:lol:

Yeah, tell me about it.. :roll: when I went over before he went to uni, everything was "innit" this, "innit" that, and "raaaaaaaaaaar", whatever that is supposed to mean

yes bruv, I is ghetto init?!

that annoys me :roll: OH says it to pee me off, and I cant stand Tim Westwood :x :x

I def agree with u about women bein playthings Shell, if Jam ever treated a girl like a piece of meat there would be trouble!!

and I dont see any girl singers videos with naked men being used and abused!!!! :roll: :wink:

I agree about the messages some videos etc put across, kids like to emulate their favorite singers etc and some of them need to realise that with fame comes a responsibility to their fans. :shakehead:

My brother just jumped on yahoo messenger in my dads account...

dad: sup M
Michelle: hey :)
dad: you ite lol
Michelle: is that neil
dad: of course
dad: does dad say ite? or sup?
dad: haha
dad: no

i'm so ashamed, where did he go wrong :(

aww it's a bit harsh, dont be ashamed lol.

I got to agree that sounds a bit crazy all this lingo young kids use.. however.. even respected language experts say that this has happened with every single generation of children, its totally natural for kids to wanna have their 'own' language which doesn't exactly follow there parents.

I reckon you should judge kids on their achievements not their slang... innit! :lol:

I don't remember using slang when I was growing up.

At the last school I worked at they had a really annoying saying '' You chat more bubbles than Fairy liquid''

Translation - ''You are lying'' why not just say ''you are lying'' Grrr that used to really annoy me.

I find a lot of the rap songs are degrading to women
Yeah I agree.. some music videos make it look glamorous to strut about in hot pants and a bra with men gawking at them in a lustful way, not ideal for teen girls :roll:

PinkPunch said:
I find a lot of the rap songs are degrading to women
Yeah I agree.. some music videos make it look glamorous to strut about in hot pants and a bra with men gawking at them in a lustful way, not ideal for teen girls :roll:

Thats the problem right there though isnt it, they do make it look so glamorous and cool!!! Its not ok for young girls to behave like that, and its not ok for young lads to objectify women like that, but I think thats something we have to teach them so they hopefully have a bit more self respect. I think my girls will be ok, my eldest is 15 and is such a little stunner with an amazing figure, but wouldnt be seen dead in a mini-skirt and hates boys who gawk :lol:

I had wondered who voted yes.

I may be a bit harsh to my bro I guess but isn't that what sisters are for :D Just the rap talk annoys me, whether its my bro or anyone else, it still irritates me. As does walking round town holding your crotch - mate, its not gonna fall off from you doing a bit of shopping :roll:

mate, its not gonna fall off from you doing a bit of shopping
:rotfl: :rotfl:

gropes.."is it still there" yep.....

PinkPunch said:
mate, its not gonna fall off from you doing a bit of shopping
:rotfl: :rotfl:

rinse and repeat :lol:

I remember when I was a teen we used to do things like say "respeck" and touch fists, say innit and nowaddimean, and we wore the baseball caps and trackies.....yes I was a chav :rotfl: (until I discovered I was an individual that is lol)

But the point is, its nothing new, they are doing, saying and wearing exactly the same things as I was almost 20 years ago, which is pretty sad really! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

:rotfl: GG was a chav :rotfl:

Your too pretty to have been a chav!

I too HATE the messages portrayed by music vids etc these days. Apparently as women we are supposed to be more "equal" to men than ever before but I think that is not the case in many ways.
All you ever see everywhere you go is tits and ass. Even mens mags these days are populated with pics that would have been top shelf 5 years ago. Newspapers, TV, videos, films etc etc majority feature women wearing next to nothing and may as well wear a sign on their heads saying "Im a piece of meat, men come use me". It drives me insane!!
As a result of this bombardment of the naked female image everywhere you go, its become an accepted part of everyday society and I do think that lots of men (not all) are influenced by the images they see and think its ok to treat women that way. I have had experience of this first hand when i used to go out before being preggers and men thinking its ok to try and grope me etc in bars and stuff. EW!
I remember my little bro (who was 10 at the time) coming home from school bemused because all the girls in his class had hitched their skirts right up, tied up their shirts to show their bellies and were dancing for the boys at break time!!!
This definitely has to be attributed to how much they are influenced by media images etc and i know as a parent its our responsibility to stop them watching it etc but its so hard when its all around us and i think there should be more controls in place.
Right! Off me soap box now! Sorry its sommat i feel v passionate about if you hadnt of guessed!!!! :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back