questions???

abbiesmummy

Reaction score
Does anyone know if its ok to use hair removal cream? I had a bikini wax today because I am sure I read the last time I was pregnant that you shouldn't use it, but the beauty assistant thought it was fine.

and.... fake tan, is that ok? (summer will be here and a fake tan will make me feel a bit better!)

thanks Sarah

I think the reason why some people advise against bikini waxing during pregnancy is the risk of infection to the hair follicles. Not sure about hair removal cream.

My bro's girlfriend runs a salon, and I was asking her about this. She said to stay away from waxing for the first 3 months but it's fine after this. I think it's just because of the shock when they rip the strips off. Fake tan is fine - thank goodness because I've got a party tomorrow night and just going to put it on now. Only thing is, your skin can be more sensitive and dry so it's always better to do a skin test before you put it on - even if it's a product you've used before.

Oh, just remembered another reason why people advise against bikini waxing during pregnancy - apparently it's more painful during this stage because of the increased blood flow to the nether regions.

I've used hair removal cream a few times and have had no problems. I wouldn't do waxing mainly because I'm too scared of the pain! :)

I wouldn't use a self tan cream or lotion either. They contain chemicals and affect the pigmentation of the skin (albeit temporary). However, I would use something like foundation as it doesn't penetrate the skin.

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back