Products that are safe to use?

HeartOfGlass

Reaction score
Hi,

I just wondered if anyone on here had stopped using any beauty/hygiene products or are doing things in a differenet way since they got pregnant? It might seem like a stupid question but I just want to make sure sometimes I worry when I pour things in the bath and use things down there. Like...

Femfresh
Bio oil in the bath (its meant to be good for stretch marks ... does anyone else do that?)
Shaving cream
Aerosols (no I don't use them 'down there' lol but I read somewhere that you shouldn't use them when pregnant??)
Hair removal cream ... I read in one of my books that you should just pluck or shave hairs ... this seems so silly saying this now but is that just for down there or the whole body?
Getting your hair coloured?

Thanks,

Berry x

Fem fresh is fine. I wouldn't use hair removal cream. You can use sprays but not sure about the others :)

I haven't really stopped using any beauty products since being pregnant. I am careful to use products I always have done though and brands I trust. The only thing I haven't done is dye my hair because I worry about the effect the chemicals may have on little one and there's quite a bit of conflicting opinion on it..!

I use mainly natural products anyway due to a skin condition but since being pregnant i've switched to all natural after reading about all the chemicals that end up in baby and in your breast milk. I also managed to find a fairly natural hair dye, it might not last as long as others, i'll have to wait and see but it's perked up my dull hair :D

Bio oil is def fine,i have used it throughout all my pregnacys and can highly recommend it!
I havent stopped using any products reall other than pure lavender oil which can be harmful in pregnacy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back