questions about spd

EmmBee123

Reaction score
Hi ladies

Been getting clicking in my hips/pelvis for weeks (mostly when I turn over in bed) but my GP ruled out SPD as I had no pain. Over last week or so, have been getting some pains when I walk too far or do too much. Also takes a while for me to readjust when moving from laying/sitting/standing. Main thing I got today, which I haven't had before is an ache, it feels like there's a circle inbetween my hips, well a little lower down that just feels achey.

Question is, does this sound like SPD or is it just a side effect of baby getting ready to make an entrance? And if it is SPD, is it worth going back to GP to get another opinion, or as there's only a few weeks left do I just put up with it?

Hey hun, sorry cant help but Ive been getting exactly the same.....went shopping on weds and couldnt turn over in bed or walk that evening and yesterday..............seems a bit better today so thinking I maybe overdid it......hope you feel better soon xxx

hiya,

it's quite difficult in my experience to get diagnosed with spd as when i told my midwife about my pains she said that it is likely that it could be spd but couldn't say for sure. she suggested i go to physio at the hospital but i just decided to put up with it as i dont have long left.

below are a few tips i found on the web to help manage it. hope they help a little.

Regular pelvic floor and tummy exercises can ease the strain on your pelvis. Get down onto your hands and knees and level your back so that it is roughly flat. Breathe in and then as you breathe out, squeeze in your pelvic floor muscles and at the same time pull your belly button in and up. Hold this contraction for between five and 10 seconds without holding your breath and without moving your back. Relax the muscles slowly at the end of the exercise.

Avoid moving your legs apart when your back is slumped or you are lying down. Take care when getting in and out of the car, bed or bath. If you are lying down, pulling your knees up as far as you can stops your pelvis from moving and makes it easier to part your legs. If you are sitting, try arching your back and sticking your chest out before parting or moving your legs, as this also helps to stop the pelvis from moving.

Avoid pushing through any pain. If something hurts, if possible don't do it. If the pain is allowed to flare up, it can take a long time to settle down again.

Move little and often. You may not feel the effects of what you are doing until later in the day or after you have gone to bed.

Rest regularly by sitting on an exercise or birth ball or by getting down on your hands and knees. This takes the weight of the baby off your pelvis and holds it in a stable position.

Avoid heavy lifting or pushing. Supermarket trolleys can often make your pain worse, so shop online or ask someone to shop for you.

When climbing stairs, go up them one step at a time. Step up onto one step with your best leg and then bring your other leg to meet it. Repeat with each step. Only use stairs when you have to.

Avoid swimming breaststroke and take care with other strokes. You may feel swimming is helping your pain while you are in the water, but it could make you feel worse when you get out.

When getting dressed, sit down to pull on your knickers or trousers.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back