Question Re: late OV

Cyprus08

Reaction score
Last month I had a 27 day cycle which I thought meant that I would OV around day 13/14/15. However, I didnt get any mucus at all until the week after I thought I might have OV. A couple of ladies here suggested I might have had late OV this cycle in which case this would have been around 7 days ago. If this was the case will the day Im supposed to get AF still be the same or could I still not be pregnant but not due AF till next weekend?

Hope this makes sense :?

You usually get AF 14 days after ovulation. If you think you ovulated late, then yes, in my eyes you won't be due af till next week. But i'm not 100% sure I'm right hun.
Is your cycle usually the same or are you quite irregular?

Hi darlin. :)

Your luteal phase (the period in between ov and af) will always be around the same length, so your testing date will move back by however many days you ov-ed late, if that makes sense. :D

Hope af stays away for you!!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Melissa

Yes, if you did ov late then AF will also be later than usual. Depends on the length of your luteal phase (days from ov to AF) but I think around 14 days is the average so add this on to the day you think you oved and you'll know roughly when to expect AF (hope that makes sense - I'm not very good at explaining things :lol: ).

Donna's here said:
Is your cycle usually the same or are you quite irregular?

This is only my second cycle after coming off the pill but before I went on the pill and whilst ttc our son I was always a regular 28 day cycle which is why Im a bit confused this month. Last month was pretty regular for me too though!

Oohhh, theres me getting all excited thinking I was late and now Ive got to wait another week :wall: :wall:

Never mind Ive waited 4 this cycle Im sure I can do one more :?

Thanks for your help as always ladies xx

Some people just have a short luteal phase.... mine was only about 10 days. I had a 28 day cycle and so like thought I'd ovulate around day 14. However, it was actually around day 19, and then period would arrive as normal.

L xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back