Question re: baby slings

valleygirl24

Reaction score
Im after a baby sling, think it will probably be the hammock style one. May sound like a stupid question but if its cold/raining how do you manage? Do you put the baby inside your coat? Obviously if this is the case you wouldnt be able to do it all the way up as the baby wouldnt get air so would you do it part way up and use an umbrella?
If they go inside your coat then how much bigger would a coat need to be? I tend to wear my hoody a lot which obviously wouldnt be any good

I have always put my sling on ovewr my coat. Cally has her own coat (if its really cold she goes in a snow suit, and the sling keeps her warm.If its raining we use an umbrella

thanks for the reply, wasnt sure if that would be the case. That makes sense to me :)

If it's really cold, I tend to wear a polo jumper and have a coat over the sling. My coats aren't big enough to accommodate LO and me so I just don't do my coat up. I also have a scarve around my neck. LO wear a pramsuit and I tuck her arms in the sling as well (instead of them hanging outside).

In the rain I just have an umbrella which covers us both.

Hammock style slings are great when babies are little. However, at least my LO grew out of the 'cuddly' position pretty quickly. She then moved on to 'tummy to tummy' and then 'facing the world' positions. With my sling I can also carry her in my back. We have a kari-me. I think with hammock style slings you can carry them on a side when they get older though???

I wear the sling inside my coat and the coat open, but I noticed today I was still a bit cold. I got this scarf come poncho thing when I was pregnant, as I couldn't do my coat up then either, and that is great to add a bit of extra flexible warmth. I'm sure they have a proper name but its like a blanket split half way - £10 in Matalan.

By hammock style do you mean one of the bag slings, like premaxx (and possibly baba sling - I'm a little unclear on this one but i hear they are not good)? If so I think you should reconsider - look at this: http://babyslingsafety.blogspot.com/ If you meant a pouch or ring sling then that's great :)

yeah thats they type of one Im on about but ive seen them without the elastic sides.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back