Breast feeding & cloth nappies

Sarah13

Reaction score
I really like the idea of cloth nappies but using disposables just now which annoy me as they constantly leak wee or poo what ever size or make I go for but with the cloth nappies I'm a bit worried about how many we'll go through a day cos I can gaurantee he will do another poo as soon as I change him! I'm also wondering about leaks but I've heard you don't get so many?

I use cloth nappies and tbh I am finding he's going through them quickly - we went for 20 in size 1 and 20 in size 2 (these are different to normal nappies) and I'm finding he was going through about 12-15 nappies a day so it was a race to get them washed and dried. I've since put him in disposables at night as I think it keeps him a bit dried thus settled longer - plus its easier for me to do at 2am! :p

I would try and count how many nappies he's going through a day and work it out from there - you can always buy more. A friend of mine has the reusable ones that are expandable so one nappie will last all the way up to potty training - think they got 40 which obviously would be pleanty with the breastfeeding diet

I think we prob go through 10 but I'll count them today! Was thinking about getting pre-loved ones but for some reason I don't feel happy about second hand nappies, that sounds silly I know cos I've got lots of clothes and baby stuff people have given me but for some reason I'm not so keen with the nappies!

Ive ordered some pre-loved nappies - which i was a bit weird about to start with - but on reading up on them, it seemed like some styles work really well for some people, and other folk get a lot of leaks with them. - so i figured the pre-loved ones would do till i figure out what style/brand suits us better, then id go new.
xxx

I got All In Ones, Birth to Potty size.. I got 12. I find that while she needs changed 6-7 times a day.. Most times I can just take the liner out and put that in the wash, and re-use the outer part/cover so dont need as many as you would think, I got 24 liners.

We have used reusables for our breastfed baby. We use about 8 a day but use disposable at night. We're using prefold nappies and wraps and different wraps have fitted better at different times as he's grown. We've had a few poo leaks ( just a little seepage round the leg) but nothing major.

Sarah - what kind of disposables is he on....is it huggies?

Was just going to say we tried one pack of huggies (after being loyal to pampers with 1st LO) & I was very dissapointed, leaked up the back with pee & the nappy itself was hardly wet.

:roll:

I've tried both huggys and pampers and both seem as leaky as the other. I had to change his vest and baby grow 4 times the other night, (huggys) it was as if he just wee'd out of the leg! You don't need that (nor does he) every time he wakes in the night. I did plan on using cloth nappies anyway but thought I'd give it a few weeks as theres enough to worry about in the first few weeks without washing nappies!

Yeah, that is quite alot of leaking isn't it!! Is he maybe wriggling about & making the nappy looser in some way, it sounds like its not tight enough??

Maybe you should give the nappies a go, buy a pack & see how u get on - i'm sure I saw them on ebay!

:)

ebay is great for em, i got mine all new, for 30 pound. incl shipping out here!

i think a lotta newborns are leaky anyway.. they must be a funny shape or something, alanna just "grew" out of it lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back