Nappy Bin

l_maclean

Reaction score
Im still swithering between the idea of cloth nappies and disposables - mostly cos i might have to go back to work a LOT earlier than planned, but we've bought a wee selection of pre-loved pocket nappies and some ebay cheapies to see how we get on.

Thing is will I need a special type of bin to stop the place smelling - or would something from asda be ok - if so - what do i line it with??

I really dont wanna spend a fortune on a "fancy nappy bin" - if the cloth nappies arent gonna work out for us.

xxx

boots do a nappy bin / pail with lid for about 6 quid online hun, you can get it delivered or sent to your local store.

Thanks Bev. I read on another forum about having 20L or 16L bins, which i thought seemed awfully big.

xxx

Edit : What a load of rubbish - speak - just realised i totally over estimated the size of my kitchen bin. lol

Last edited:
Ummm I just use a normal bin with a lid. Put tea tree oil in the bottom to stop it smelling too much and do a wash every other night. I've never noticed a smell but maybe I'm just used to it....and have very polite guests?? :lol:

I have two nappy bins.. I have one in alannas bedroom to throw wet nappies into. Its just a plastic wash basket.

The other one is a solid plastic bin in the bathroom, Which i chuck the dirty ones into after I spray off the nasties! (diaper sprayers are the BOMB!)

I do a wash every other day.

ooo - what is diaper spray? so far i have not been great at flinging the poo down the toilet!!

I was told not to worry about getting the poop off before putting into the washing machine - does this depend on the type of nappies you are using - or just personal preference?

Breastfed baby poop is water soluble, so no you dont need to get it off before putting it in the machine! I think formula is ok too.. But once they start solids You will want to get it off, cause it turns into "proper" poo iykwim

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back