Nappy Bin

Discussion in 'Alternative Parenting' started by l_maclean, Jan 11, 2012.

1. l_maclean

l_maclean Well-Known Member

Im still swithering between the idea of cloth nappies and disposables - mostly cos i might have to go back to work a LOT earlier than planned, but we've bought a wee selection of pre-loved pocket nappies and some ebay cheapies to see how we get on.

Thing is will I need a special type of bin to stop the place smelling - or would something from asda be ok - if so - what do i line it with??

I really dont wanna spend a fortune on a "fancy nappy bin" - if the cloth nappies arent gonna work out for us.

xxx

2. BevG

BevG Well-Known Member

boots do a nappy bin / pail with lid for about 6 quid online hun, you can get it delivered or sent to your local store.

3. l_maclean

l_maclean Well-Known Member

Thanks Bev. I read on another forum about having 20L or 16L bins, which i thought seemed awfully big.

xxx

Edit : What a load of rubbish - speak - just realised i totally over estimated the size of my kitchen bin. lol

#3 l_maclean, Jan 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  4. xxbeckyxx

xxbeckyxx Well-Known Member

Ummm I just use a normal bin with a lid. Put tea tree oil in the bottom to stop it smelling too much and do a wash every other night. I've never noticed a smell but maybe I'm just used to it....and have very polite guests?? :lol:

5. Momma`Kat

Momma`Kat Well-Known Member

I have two nappy bins.. I have one in alannas bedroom to throw wet nappies into. Its just a plastic wash basket.

The other one is a solid plastic bin in the bathroom, Which i chuck the dirty ones into after I spray off the nasties! (diaper sprayers are the BOMB!)

I do a wash every other day.

6. Belfast girl

Belfast girl Well-Known Member

ooo - what is diaper spray? so far i have not been great at flinging the poo down the toilet!!

7. Momma`Kat

8. JensBump

JensBump Well-Known Member

I was told not to worry about getting the poop off before putting into the washing machine - does this depend on the type of nappies you are using - or just personal preference?

9. Momma`Kat

Breastfed baby poop is water soluble, so no you dont need to get it off before putting it in the machine! I think formula is ok too.. But once they start solids You will want to get it off, cause it turns into "proper" poo iykwim