Avent teats?

Gemma & Jake

Reaction score
Hi I am still using the number 2 teats in Jakes bottles which are 1 month plus but I am thinking I need to change them now as he is 5 months old. I am unsure whether to use the size 3 teats first which say from 3 months or whether to jump straight to the number 4 (6 months plus ones). I am just thinking that if I go straight to number 4 it might be too big a change for him. I would just buy both but it is quite a bit of money to buy 6 of each teats all at once. Also has anyone used the variable flow teats and if yes what is the difference from the normal teats?

Hi, I have used the variable flow ones, basically they have numbers on and you turn the teat to whichever number you want and it is supposed to regulate the flow of milk.I used them 6 years ago with our first son and they were great but when I have tried them this time they seem to just gush milk out too fast no matter which number you have them on. In fact I ended up putting them away and buying new bottles from boots -it was cheaper than buying yet another set of teats.

Hello
The variable flow ones might be too much for him if he's only used to the first stage teats. I bought some but Sam can't cope with them yet.
As an interim solution you could simply sterilise a needle and make an extra hole in the teats you have. We did this with Sam's stage one teats and it's worked just fine, it's cheaper too!

We found Aimee didn't like the vary flow teats much, Even on the lowest one it seemed to come out to fast. I would just go on the number 3 teats as he could be on the for months anyway. Aimee still has a bottle of milk in the moring and she is 16 months and she still has number 3 teats.

I tried keeley on the vary flow teats and she didn't like them...
i would go up to the 3 month ones then mayb next month go up to the 6 month ones as the six month ones are they ones keeley's on now and they milk comes out without much suckin and jake mite not be able to swallow quick enough.....
Hope that helps :)

dont go straight from the 11/2 month teets straight to the variable flow as a drastic change in flow can cause them to cough and splutter. We should of moved onto the 6month= by now but he is happy with the pnes hes on and coughed and choked alot on the next size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back