Question for mums that homefeed, stage 2.

xrachx

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction...
we are currently blending to creamy but glenn is actively trying to chew, i was wondering what consistency do you do the stage 2 at and how you get it, ie...blend,mash etc.
btw he will be 6 months on the 11th, thanks ladies.

I make sure there are lumps in mine, but the veg has to be very soft. Though she loves finger foods and has no problems chewing them!

what finger foods do you give her? i have given him some toast last week but i was a bit twitchy thinking he was gonna choke

The baby pasta shells they sell in Boots are a good one to introduce. there tiny!

I gave Willow slices of pitta bread dipped in humus the other day if that's any help.. she mushed it and swallowed it really easily..

Isaac wouldn't do stage 2 jars and went straight to finger foods. He would eat pureed fruit and yoghurts but otherwise he fed himself, spoon feeding was a no-no :lol: However, it is advised to keep mashing and puree'ing when first introducing foods, but if your LO won't eat them that way, you have to go BLW (baby led weaning) hehe

Anything you can give him mashed/pureed you can give him as a finger food as long as you're sure he can munch on it safely, as in you are his Mummy so you know, I don't :hug: . Steamed carrot or butternut squash sticks, bread/toasted soldiers with butter/dairylea, rusks, rice cakes, lots of things :D Very best wishes and have fun!!

http://www.annabelkarmel.com/age-range/ ... 6-9-months

Redshoes said:
Anything you can give him mashed/pureed you can give him as a finger food as long as you're sure he can munch on it safely, as in you are his Mummy so you know, I don't :hug: . Steamed carrot or butternut squash sticks, bread/toasted soldiers with butter/dairylea, rusks, rice cakes, lots of things :D Very best wishes and have fun!!

quote]
i just got some dairylea today as i am sure someone else here gave it to their little one, he is just nearly 6 months but he has been "eating" since 3 months..(yer,yer, linch me!..lol) and i am really worried he will choke on something but he is literally asking for it! i dont think i am ready to give him anything apart from stuff that goes soggy so will stick to the toast and might go and have a look at some of the other stuff like rice cakes, we have tried the rusk.... :shock: ...what a MESS!!!

I think Dairylea's a big hit with most LO's :lol:
I'd just say give him whatever you're comfortable with, and he will enjoy it regardless as its all about taste and texture, don't feel you have to do anything, just see how he goes, and as he grows in confidence, so will you :hug: :)

The issue of choking is very scary I agree, but take some comfort in that you can watch and decide what he eats :hug: Remember all LO's are born with a brilliant gag reflex, choking is more an issue if you feed small objects that cannot be squished and swallowed easily :hug:

Isaac never did rusks until recently, he never liked 'baby' food I don't think as he didn't do rice or ricecakes either :lol: and yes they make a right mess!!

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Product.aspx/B ... kin/390275

http://babyparenting.about.com/od/nutri ... odlist.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back