Question about SPD

Sophie1102

Reaction score
For the last week and a half I have been getting a weird popping noise in my pelvic area when i turn over in bed, when I move one leg over then the other, it sounds like when you knees click when you bend (hope that makes sense) and walking has become quite painful in that area, babies head has been down for two weeks now and bump has become really heavy, does this sound like SPD and do others get the same feeling??

I didn't have this when I was pegnant with my two girls. and what ever this is it is not very comfortable!!! :( [/url]

Sounds like it to me. I sympathise, the pelvis cracking & pain is horrid :hug:

laracomps said:
Sounds like it to me. I sympathise, the pelvis cracking & pain is horrid :hug:

Do you have it??? Seeing my midwife on Sunday so I will have a word with her then.

Yep, had it for a while.

It started off with my lower back cracking, but then moved on to the front pelvis joints as well at about 32 - 33 weeks.

Fingers crossed mine seems a bit better the past few days. Think its cos I've not done a lot - but I hate resting! I want to be out doing things! :D

Sounds liek SPD to me, mine cracked and snapped all the time and it was horrible. Really hurt to turn over in bed too :(

hi hun
I am just starting with it I think
don't get popping noises but it kills to turn in bed, to walk to fast and
i get pains in my inner thigh, bum and groin.
im taking it easy from now on

It really is awful, i've still got 3 weeks left at work, thankfully it is only 7 actual days because I only work 2 full days in each week of the easter holidays then 3 days when they go back, but the more I do the more it hurts :wall:

Babylicious - did it go as soon as you had Harrison???

I had spd when I was pregnant with James and had to have physio. It disappeared once I'd given birth. It came back when he was a few months old but not as bad as before, then went on it's own and stayed away.

Luckily it's been nowhere near as bad this time! More annoying than painful :pray:

I'd mention it to your midwife, she might be able to refer you for physio or get a support belt for you :hug: :hug: :hug:

hmmm..im sure have this too, was just going to post about a clicking noise i keep getting in my pelvic area but didn't know how to explain :think: . Its a real pain trying to get to sleep aswell and sooooo painful trying to turn over from side to side to get comfu and i get reallly sore when i'v been walking about alot. I'll have to have a word with the midwife at my appointment in 2 week...i thought the pain was just normal with the baby getting bigger. It doesn't cause any problems during labour does it?

It didn't affect my labour at all, I didn't even notice it. I think it depends how badly the joints are affected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back