Question about my scan today

holly1

Reaction score
Morning ladies

So today is the day I have my first scan. I'm excited and nervous and just want to have it done now :)

On my letter it says to drink 1 litre of water 1 hour before the scan. Well even before the pregnancy I couldn't even drink 1 litre a day and when I do drink it doesn't take a lot for me to go a wee.... I'm so worried that firstly I'm not going to be able to drink a litre in time for my appointment and secondly hold it in for this long it's really worrying me! I know pregnancy makes it worse for us to hold our bladder just wondered if anyone else has this problem? Did you drink less and it was still ok?

Ahh wish we didn't have to have a full bladder lol and I hope my appointment is on time otherwise I don't know how long il last eekkk

I really struggle to consume a lot of fluid and not go to the loo immediately!
I didn't actually drink a litre before my scan and the radiologist told me my bladder was just full enough (I.e I should have drunk more before the appointment!) they ended up pushing quite hard to get a decent picture which made me need a wee!!!
So in answer to your question I know it tough for us ladies blessed with little bladders but drink as much as you can!!
It makes the picture a better quality and the pressure they have to put on your bladder a lot less!
Good luck for today xxx

I didn't have any information about drinking anything before any of my scans. In fact one of them I went for a pee right before I went in and had to problems.

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

Tri hopping here.... I drank my water but then forgot before we left home for hospital and went for a wee! When I was having my scan I got sent out to go drink more then have another scan 20 mins later as I then didn't have a full enough bladder. So deffinitely drink the water but I would say if you know you can't hold it for that hour as I clearly couldn't only drink it 20-30 mins before as that was enough to get to my bladder for the lady to do the scan.

Also I didn't drink 1 litre, had about 5-6 of the small plastic cups full at the hospital and that was enough.

Enoy your scan xx

I would just drink as much as you can 1 litre sounds a lot! Hope your scan goes well x

I don't drink a litre. I'm gonna get a bottle of water and drink it whilst in the waiting area. It's easier to drink sitting still rather than drink on your way with you bladder sloshing about. Just buy a bottle of water and drink what you can hun xx

With my first pregnancy I was told to drink a litre of water and then when the sonographer started the scan she said my bladder was TOO full and I had to partly empty it! 500ml should do it really - they can only tell you to go drink a bit more. This time all the info from the hospital (different to last time) states no need for a full bladder. I think it's because they do an internal ultrasound too (eek!).

Owe thank you ladies for all your advice!! I'm glad everyone is the same with a litre!!! I think I'm going to have a bottle of water and drink it half hour before I go in. I'm planning to be there by then so no swooshing about on my travels lol.

I think my bladder will be full after a mouthful anyway he he. Really appreciate all he responses was worrying a bit about this. My appointment is at 12 will let you all no how I get on

Xx

In my both scans I had to empty my enormous bladder. So glad in 20 week scan as was very uncomfortable.

Hi ladies what a fantastic experience! Baby is all fine an moving so much that they took a whole to get the measurements and pic. On the bladder side not such a good experience managed to drink half a litre and was literally bustin for the loo they were running half got late, by the time I got in there I was like please don't press to hard as I think I may pee, good news was my bladder was too full :) so I had to empty my bladder and it was such a relief!!!! But was all worthwhile inthe end. More relived that baby is all ok was so amazing to see the baby and the heart beating!!!

Thanks for all your help this morning ladies xx

thanks hun, think its finally sinking in that im having a baby after seeing him/her on the screen :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back