Anyone else constantly thirsty?

Annabanna33

Reaction score
I seem to be constantly thirsty no matter how much i drink. I get through a 2 litre bottle of water at work, then drink at least 2 more pints before i go to bed at night. then when im waking up to go to the loo numerous times in the night, i normally have a drink then too.
Has anyone else had this? and is there a reason for it?

Thanks

Anna
x

hi anna :wave:

Im exactly the same sometimes i cant quench my thirst at all and i have a big drink before bed, up on and of all night etc etc exactly the same :hug:

I know that when your pregnant your body has to make and provide an additional 4 pints of blood to help nurture the growing baby, maybe this is why we ladies get so thirsty :hug:

aah ok that makes sense. it wasnt something id heard about before so wondered if maybe it was a sign of something wrong. Thank you! :D

Ive been drinking a lot more too.

One minute I'll be fine, the next im cravung water like its rationed lol.

xx

Yeah me too, I just can't stop drinking! I drank 2 pints of water through the night last night so I got up about 10 times to go to the loo!

im the opposite. Im trying to drink loads, but im having problems keeping it down. The idea of putting anything in my mouth at the moment makes me gag. after a MW and my Gp recommendation today ive tried drinking luicade (sp)- never again! :puke: it was nasty comming back up (sorry tmi).

with alice i was thirsty though :think:

Poor you, Sam&Alice. Sounds like you're having a really tough time at the moment.

I'm thirsty, especially at night, in between my four night time trips for a wee!

im totally the same but water has a really wierd taste for me jst now so im downing orange juice like nothing on earth

rene70 said:
im totally the same but water has a really wierd taste for me jst now so im downing orange juice like nothing on earth

orange is good for helping retain iron if i remember correctly :think:

im theh opposite, i used to continually down apple and blackcurrant juice, but now i can hardly stomach the stuff! pretty much sticking to water at the moment. Very boring i know!

Sam & Alice I'm with you. Anything in my mouth makes me gag, and water has a funny taste. I'm struggling to drink as much as I need to and vomiting once or twice every day doesn't help!

yeah all the time, i want fizzy vimto all the time aswell, but trying to sick to water mostly :)

yup same here.

I have to take 2 large drinks to bed with me cos i wake up sooo thirsty. I have loads of dreams about being thirsty too and drinking loads and loads and nothing sates my thirst!

I am drinking (and peeing!)loads more too! tbh i think it is more due to the fact that i am making a very conscious effort to drink more. Pre pregnancy i would maybe drink 1 cup of tea and a tin of diet coke a day! Have always found it hard to drink a lot (unless it is alcohol :rotfl: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back