Scan letter came

Yoshi

Reaction score
I had my scan letter through yesterday, I've got my appointment next monday at 2:30 :) soooo excited but soo nervous at the same time!
And I knew you had to drink a lot, but 1 litre of water!? I'll wee myself!

Hooray! Now the waiting begins :)

I only managed to drink 2 small cups of water before my scan (they were very efficient at seeing me!) and the scan worked just fine!

I was confused about whether or not I should have drank water before I went in because they didn't tell me anything in the letter. My appointment was at 8:45 too, so I knew I had to wee as soon as I got up (no way I could hold that in lol!) but didn't think I would be able to fill my bladder up again in time. I ended just downing a pint of water before I left, then when I got to the hospital the receptionist said 'have you got a nice full bladder?' and I was like, no-one told me I needed a full bladder. She said no, it's not on the letter, but you do! So, I downed another pint of water (which I had to buy from the shop!) which wouldn't have got to my bladder in time but I guess it helped, the images were fine regardless!

Thanks everyone =] and Inky, I am shocked they didn't tell you, it's not something that they can just expect you to know isit!? My letter came with a list of instructions lol!

I know, the receptionist said lots of people had complained about it but it was an automatic letter which hadn't been updated....the only instruction I had was 'ring this number to confirm your attendance' which went through to an automated answer phone. I've got my next scan on 19th March though so at least now I know :)

Last edited:
Yee, ooo it's so exciting =D!!!!

Oh Yoshi snap! My appt is at 2.30 next monday too!! Cant wait but a bit nervous too. Just need to know everything is ok then I cant relax a little!

Ahh that's amazing! Good luck hun =D hopefully everything will be fine for both of us!! How far gone are you?

congrats! i got mine tomorrow, whats on the list of instructions? i wont get a letter and im not sure wot i have to do lol x

This is what my instructions say:-

A full bladder is required for this appointment. Please consume at least 1 litre of water an hour before your appointment time.

When attending for your ultrasound scan you will have the opportunity to purchase scan photos at a cost of £3.00 per photograph. You will need change to purchase tokens from the ticket machine.

A maximum of two adults will be allowed to accompany you during the scan.

Siblings will be allowed into the scanning room at the discretion of the sonographer, however this is a medical examination that can last up to 30 minutes.

Mobile phones must be switched off during the examination.

Please avoid bringing any food or drink into the ultrasound room.

Obviously they could be completely different at your hospital, but at least it's some sort of guideline :)

Make sure they give you the option to get more pictures - I was given one copy of the only picture the sonographer printed off. It seemed to be over quite quickly so it wasn't until it was over I realised I wasn't going to get any more pictures, next time I'll definitely tell the sonographer I want at least 3 different views! I was disappointed to only have one, there were so many great shots she missed that I saw on screen!

Don't worry even if I don't say anything my partner will be asking for shot after shot love him!

Ahh that's amazing! Good luck hun =D hopefully everything will be fine for both of us!! How far gone are you?

Thanks, I'm 11+2 today! I should be 12+1 on my scan day if the dates are correct that I worked out!

Good luck with your scan too xx

Good luck! I had no idea about having a full bladder, a little way to go yet before my scan! You'll have to put pictures up!

I have a scan at 12 on that day too. Really hoping both yours and Delamere19's goes well. I had an early scan just over a week ago and saw the heartbeat. OH is coming with me to this one though so really looking forward to it although dead nervous as well. Fingers crossed for us all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back