Scan today....

tots hope

Reaction score
Got my scan today, Im really quite nervous about it. One thing that is really bothering me is that it says on the information to drink a pint of water 1 hour before the scan - as if i am going to be able to hold on without peeing for that long!

Really hoping everything is ok - we have seen the babies heart beat very early on so thats positive but still cant get the niggling feeling out of my mind that something may be wrong, oh well not long to go until we find out.

good luck i am sure everything will be perfect but it is still normal to be scared. It is the most amazing thing though seeing your baby for the first time- enjoy! :D :D

tots hope said:
Got my scan today, Im really quite nervous about it. One thing that is really bothering me is that it says on the information to drink a pint of water 1 hour before the scan - as if i am going to be able to hold on without peeing for that long!

Good luck with it :) I"m sure all will be fine. Most important thing people keep telling me is if you still feel pregnant then you are! I sometimes wonder how its going for me and baby, but I still have sore boobs, pee lots and a few other things so figure it must be going as it needs to.

And re the water thing, I only drank mine about 20 minutes before and it was fine. We got to the hospital at 2.35pm, for a 3pm appointment and the person before us had not turned up so they saw me at 2.40pm and I'd only drank the last mouthful at 2.20pm. My bladder was well and truly full and everything showed up lovely and clear on the scan. So don't worry too much about glugging it a whole hour before. I drank extra though, almost 750mls :roll: over about 10 minutes.

good luck for the scan hun :)
i have a very weak bladder so just drink a bottle of water on the journey and top it up there if needs be (they have water machines)
manda xx

Good luck, and I know how you feel on the full bladder bit.

I had a nurse ask me if I wanted to go let a 'bit' out!!!!!!!! As if that would be possible!!!!

Good luck and I didnt know u should be full when doing scan?!?!!?!

Yes it pushes all the right bits forward to make it easier to scan - if its an internal its not a great idea to be full though!

Scan went well and everything is fine. We decided not to have the test for Downs Syndrome but the male (i know, certainly wasn't expecting a man!) sonographer said everything looked well.

Baby was very very active! Feel a lot happier now and going to be able to relax, thanks ladies for all your support x

glad all is well hun :)
you will be coming across to us in a couple days i see :)
manda xx

Hurrah!! I have been checking in all day to see how you got on. Really pleased to hear all went well. We have a male doctor doing ours on Friday, was it really wierd?

So pleased for you hon!! :hug:

Hi

Just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS on your scan - glad all went well.

Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy.

Jane xx

YAY :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I'm so pleased the scan went well for you and you feel a lot more relaxed.

I really hope you enjoy the rest of your pregnancy, Congratulations!!!

:hug: :cheer: :hug: :cheer:

LMP x

suzan said:
Good luck and I didnt know u should be full when doing scan?!?!!?!

Yeah, when you fill your bladder, it pushes your womb forward and pushes other organs out the way. Otherwise it is too low down in the pelvis.

- --------

Congrats on a lovely scan! Now you can relax a little and enjoy :)

Glad your scan went well :)

I had a male doc do my 12 week scan and didn't even think about it being odd :lol:

:D Excellent news! It's just the most fantastic thing ever seeing your little-one for the first time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back