Question about membrane sweep??????????

Morganuk

Reaction score
I had a sweep today (oww) but was only 1cm dialated so not sure if its going to be effective!!

What do you guys think???????????

I really hope so as I have been booked for a C-section on the 24th if I do not go into labor as they can not induce me.

I had a C-section with my first and not looking forward to another one.

I had it at 4pm but nothing is happeming as of yet :( :( :(

I was 2cm dilated and they did a sweep, nothing much happened except the plug came away over the next few days and I had lots of cramps. My OH sorted it out for me in the end ;)

Good luck hun! Seems to work for some and not for others so really couldnt say either way.

ohhhhhh, lots of baby dancing today(baby eviction dancing) :D

come on baby get moving, mummy wants to meet you before the 24th,
hope you go into labour soon, lots of labour dust to you and hope things go well xx :hug:

ANNA27 said:
ohhhhhh, lots of baby dancing today(baby eviction dancing) :D

come on baby get moving, mummy wants to meet you before the 24th,
hope you go into labour soon, lots of labour dust to you and hope things go well xx :hug:

Thank you hun.

I really hope she comes b4 .

You've got a few days yet so hopefully you'll go in to labour naturally. I've you're already a tiny bit dilated it's a good sign that things may start on their own.

I know you're probably fed up already (god knows i am) but if you really didnt want a section couldnt you put it off a few more days??

Sending you lots of labour dust

abcd1234 said:
You've got a few days yet so hopefully you'll go in to labour naturally. I've you're already a tiny bit dilated it's a good sign that things may start on their own.

I know you're probably fed up already (god knows i am) but if you really didnt want a section couldnt you put it off a few more days??

Sending you lots of labour dust

The only problem is I was never sure when my last period was and have alwayd suspected I was further on (my scans measure slightly over) so am worried about her being in there to long.
Its a tough one as I would really like a natural but would leave it cause her problems???

I dont know if its different depending on what area you're in but here if you decide not to be induced they scan your placenta to check all is ok and keep a close eye on you and LO.
If you were just left full stop then there is a chance a the placenta not working as well which could cause her harm.

My mum went 3 weeks over with my brother, and apart from being huge and back to back he was absolutely fine. But i also know someone who went over at the begining of the year and when she finally went in to labour it ended in an emergency c-section anyway.

It depends on what you want hun, i know some people would prefer to have a planned section, simply cos you know whats happening and everything feels calmer, others want to avoid it at any cost, and obviously you have to consider how you'd feel if you left it and had to have an emergency c-section.

I really hope she decided to make her exit in the next few days :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back