Question about baby being engaged?

KellyHook

Reaction score
Hi ladies, :wave:

Thought this was the best place to ask, as you have all had babies,

so..

When i last saw my consultant at 37+2, baby wasnt engaged or engaging, i am next seeing MW on Friday when i will be 38+4 so will see if he is still ceph/free..

so all im wondering, is if baby isnt engaged are you more likely to go overdue and be induced? I know alot of people still go overdue and have to be induced when baby has engaged.

Has anyone gone into labour naturally knowing that baby wasnt engaged before labour kicked off?? just trying to get a idea if it makes any difference if baby is engaged or not..

Any info would be grateful..

xx

Lizzie was engaged completely and MW thought she was ready to go at 38 weeks, but she ended up being 12 days late and long labour! My Mum said that none of her kids (5 of us) were ever engaged at all and just dropped down during labour. We were all either on time or early and she had very short labours :)

Charley was only 3/5ths engaged 2 days before I had him 8 days early so it can happen at any time x.

Isla was engaged on the friday and turned breech by the tuesday, I had her Wednesday by emergency section. Babies can do anything they like in there!

C was fully engaged from 37 weeks, he was born 12 days late though...I tell you, those were THE most uncomfortable 4 weeks of my life lol! I don't think it means anything, like Esoames said, they can pretty much do what they like lol!

I was Fully engaged from 36 weeks MW was convinced she would be early, she finally arrived at 40 + 4 xx

I was 3/5ths engage at 38 week midwife and went into labour at 39 weeks xx

My LO was engaged from 34 weeks and my MW expected me to go eaarly, but LO had other ideas and I was induced and came out bang on 42 weeks! I don't think it makes a lot of difference to be honest, baby will come out when its ready!

Jack was engaged 2/5 engaged at my last Midwife app at 39+4, he was back to back and even in labour wasn't fully engaged until he'd turned into the right position, then he just dropped down. He was born at 40+3 ater a 42 hour labour x

My LOs head wasnt engaged, I was induced (for medical reasons not overdueness) and labour did start before his head engaged but we went for an emergency section in the end cos of LOs heartrate dropping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back