Question about booby thrush

violet-glow

Reaction score
Tasha20's post about booby thrush has got me worried. I used to get stabbing pains all the time. They are so bad sometimes that I have to grab my boobs in pain... not good when walking round Asda I can tell you but I now only get this stabbing feeling when Elora is feeding, I thought it was just the milk coming through and perfectly normal. Am I wrong?

Hiya, Have you seen the links the the breast feeding thread? they will help you. Is the pain all the time when feeding or just as you lacth on?

I have not time to find you the links..

jade

Jadie said:
Hiya, Have you seen the links the the breast feeding thread? they will help you. Is the pain all the time when feeding or just as you lacth on?

I have not time to find you the links..

jade

will have a look ...thanks hun :hug:

violet-glow said:
Tasha20's post about booby thrush has got me worried. I used to get stabbing pains all the time. They are so bad sometimes that I have to grab my boobs in pain... not good when walking round Asda I can tell you but I now only get this stabbing feeling when Elora is feeding, I thought it was just the milk coming through and perfectly normal. Am I wrong?

hmm reading this I think that might be your let down reflex. Does it feel like bad pins and needles? I have a strong let down pain and in the early months it was very sore. I still get it but to a lesser degree, a couple of mins after Seren has started feeding. Thrush tends to hurt during and after feeding

beanie said:
hmm reading this I think that might be your let down reflex. Does it feel like bad pins and needles?

Yes a bit like someones stabbing me with a squer, but not by my nips ..I get this pain in the cleavage part of my boobs... if that makes sense? :?

i had exactly what ur describing for about 2mths violet, was very painful and made me nearly stop breastfeeding Jamie!!
my let down was so bad at times, especially if i went more than an hour after Jamies feedin time and my milk came too quickly lol!!!
i had antibiotics prescribed cos i was gettin very red and tender from it and have been fine after takin only 2tablets!!

violet-glow said:
beanie said:
hmm reading this I think that might be your let down reflex. Does it feel like bad pins and needles?

Yes a bit like someones stabbing me with a squer, but not by my nips ..I get this pain in the cleavage part of my boobs... if that makes sense? :?

yep, the let down is the milk ducts contracting and pushing the milk out. i don't think it is thrush but if pain gets worse etc i'd see your hv :D

Thanks girls you've totaly put my mind at rest. I dont really ask my HV anything although I should because I think ive still got alot to learn about breastfeeding.

violet-glow said:

violet when do you get the pains? are they inbetween feeds and during feeds? if they arethen it could be thrush

if they are at the begininng of a feed you may just have a painful let down reflex. Some women do.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back