putting up christmas tree

Dee1985

Reaction score
just heard on the news that the bullring in birmingham are putting up there xmas tree and decorations at the end of this month to get the early xmas spirit and to get the shoppers in

im anoyed xmas is about winter and cold not the end of August

i think its Stupid! any one agree

owwwwwwwwwwwwwww i lurve xmas

Grrr I hate it. Christmas is in December, every year it seems to get earlier and earlier and kind of ruins it.

Christmas?? Don't say that word, it means my little baby will be 1 :(

I hate when they do things like this! It spoils the festive season. By the time december comes they'll be bored with it.

i no :( i love xmas december is the most special month to me putting up the tree, but now its wrecking it :cry:

Yeah I hate it when they do that, it's all about money.

Christmas starts in our house 1st December, we buy the tree and start the shopping. Makes it more magical. :cheer:

Cx

My birthday is on xmas eve! I love Xmas! not now tho, since i found out Santa aint true! :roll:

What am i supposed to tell Alex as he gets older and knows his birthday is at christmas time? he'll be thinking its any day now in September when he still has three months to go :evil:

so annoying!!

oooohh tip for those of you with other christmas babes - think about getting their b'day card soon as come november 90% of the b'day cards are taken out to make way for Xmas ones! always get my mums early as she is just before xmas too and there is so little choice left :( anyone would think you are not allowed birthdays at in December :doh:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I love this time of year because it's the big build up to it. Once the weather starts to change it's getting nearer to hallowe'en then fireworks and then december comes! We put the decs up on about the 1st or in the 1st week at least when it's all cold and snuggly! I love going shopping in a big snuggly coat, gloves and a scarf and buying wrapping paper and presents. Can't believe they're gonna ruin it for people in birmingham.

It doesn't make a lot of sense though since the last few years they've been on about banning decs because it may offend people of other religions and now they're putting them up in august?

Strangeness said:
It doesn't make a lot of sense though since the last few years they've been on about banning decs because it may offend people of other religions and now they're putting them up in august?

that one realy anoys me! there is a whole area in manchester at has there decs up in the middle of the yr to celibrate some thing?? not sure what its called? its what the indians celebrate???

Ramadan? is that it Dionne?

its so silly -most people of other religions dont care if we have decs up - its just all the stupid PC minded Council twats who think everything might offend someone so best ban it!

well at least they still have them in my village - everyone makes an effort and the roads all look lovely whether its just a handful of lights on each house or a whole display of lit up santas!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

There are loads of festivals that people celebrate. Diwali(sp?) they have fireworks and stuff then there's Ede (sp?) etc. None of us get offended by it but christmas must be really offensive. Ya know handing out presents put up sparkly decs, everyone being cheeful no matter how bad things are, terrible holiday! :lol:

yh thats the one Diwali, its really celebrated round here lights every where ect it dont offend me.....

i love xmas carols.. my fav is winter wonderland

Em78 said:
its so silly -most people of other religions dont care if we have decs up - its just all the stupid PC minded Council tw*ts who think everything might offend someone so best ban it!
this is exactly right! I have never met anyone from another religion who doesn't agree with Christmas! It is just little people sat in an office thinking crap up! Fair enough if they don't agree with it they won't celebrate it! I think it's awful how they pick on christmas though because if they picked on ramadan etc there would be a massive outcry! If they ban christmas decs I'm gonna have them up all year :lol:

another xmas thread :talkhand: wher are the moderators???

Xmas threads should be banned till late september at the earliest.

I adore xmas all the song in shops and stuff but i get fed up by november becuase its all over they shouldn't be allowed up til 1st December

Strangeness said:
Em78 said:
its so silly -most people of other religions dont care if we have decs up - its just all the stupid PC minded Council tw*ts who think everything might offend someone so best ban it!
this is exactly right! I have never met anyone from another religion who doesn't agree with Christmas! It is just little people sat in an office thinking crap up! Fair enough if they don't agree with it they won't celebrate it! I think it's awful how they pick on christmas though because if they picked on ramadan etc there would be a massive outcry! If they ban christmas decs I'm gonna have them up all year :lol:

:rotfl: can i visit your house in a july heat wave when you have all your decs up please? would look so funny :dance:

my dh hates having a real tree and i insist on it!!! he he - i always win :lol:

Em78 said:
Strangeness said:
Em78 said:

:rotfl: can i visit your house in a july heat wave when you have all your decs up please? would look so funny :dance:

my dh hates having a real tree and i insist on it!!! he he - i always win :lol:
Haha of course :rotfl: I'll be the house with all the decs and people shouting weirdo outside!

I won't have a real tree, they leave needles all over the place and I can't be arsed to hoover :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back