Pushchairs in the sale?

Urchin

Reaction score
I need a double pushchair... anyone seen any bargains?

Ive seen the single version of it, and its completely crap to be honest

There are a few better options.

If i need a double id get one of these...

Mothercare Urban detour double..
mothercareurbandetour.jpg

Phil and teds..

philAndTedSportBuggyStrollerWithToddlerSeatColors.jpg

Icandy pear

pear-best-1_main.jpg

I think Dionne had it and hated it??? :think:

theres only 4 wheels instead of 6 for a double, might make it harder to steer?

ive had a single aria, and it was lightweight and badly made, i wud hate to think of an aria with 2 babies in :shock:

we had a kidz kargo double which was nice, as its the size of a normal 3 wheeler. it just doesnt fold very small

Personally, three wheelers are the best for manouverability... it wont be so bad when ur newb dude is a lil bubba, but when he gets a bit bigger, ur pram will nede to be light to push for ya...

Them mothercare three wheeler things you can pick em up off ebay for like £50-£80 in REALLY good condition. But there aint any one today, bar one...

Defo three wheeler in my opinion..

*waits for urchin to come and say she doesnt like three wheelers ;) *

hahah

I was going to suggest the Urban Detour too, for the same reasons as lozzi!

This is yhe one they have in mothercare at the min

http://www.mothercare.com/gp/product/B0 ... 1&mcb=core

I dont think this is a bad price as the raincover and coseytoes are in cluded in thr price!

Like lozzi says they usually have them on ebay in great condition going really cheap

Yeah that Urban detour looks nice :D

I don't want to get Phil and Ted's cos they are bloody expensive and I dunno how much use I'm gonna get out of a double, as Brody will already be 2 1/2 when baby is born so may not wanna be in a pushchair all the time. I just need one for long shopping trips and the school run.

Will have to pop up to mothercare and have a look at that one.

i have 2....greedy ******* i am..
Maclaren twin techno, it was very nice and all but i decided i didnt want a side by side one, and i phil and teds which i loooove!

Hi Urchin :wave:

Not sure if you still looking at pushchairs but I seen this one and thought it looked pretty good, not too bulky and price seemed reasonable too.

:hug:

i had the aria and hated it i would rather stay in my house then use it and that was with a 12month old and newborn
they are so hard to steer and getting up curbs even a little stone would be hard to go over as there is no suspension.
a big air wheeled buggy is the best thing.

il be getting rid of my xts soonish but its pretty huge and pricy too

im not sure about these but i always think they look good
http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur ... n%26sa%3DN
size of a normal single buggy still lays flat for newborn x

The Urban Detours are really nice, my childminder has one and it looks so snug and comfy, plus is skinnier width ways than my XTS twin twister.

I definately recommend a side by side, I found with the tandems the little ones don't have much room and aren't that comfy. I dug out my jane powertwin to use yesterday and it's horrid! Ella couldn't see a thing from the back, and Alex just look squashed in up front.
My XTS is much comfier, but so wide. It's a dream to push though.

Mine's the 3 wheeler, I got it 2nd hand off Ebay for £67 :dance: It was in really good condition when we got it but we've trashed it :oops: I took it on holiday and they bent and scraped the hood up so it looks rubbish now :evil:

cool thats a bargin, i think that style is wider then the 4 wheeler one the 3wheeler is 78.5cm the newer model is 75cm, mine just fits though doors i have not found a door that it dont fit through but if it were 1cm biger it wouldnt they are more conmfy for them though aint they :D lay nice and flat

Ahhh yeah yours is better than mine, definately slimmer! Mine fits through doors but the hood tends to get caught, it's also got quite tatty now. It's brilliant to push though, easy to do one handed, seats recline well and both sleep really well in it.

Urchin, I have the Urban Detour single buggy and it is amazing! I love it!
I am in the same predicament too....I would buy the Urban Detour double, they say suitable from birth, does that mean with the car seat attatched??
Im being a bit dim, but Im a bit clueless! I think Ill pop in to Mothercare and ask all the Q's then get a 2nd hand one off ebay :D
Let me know if you find anything !!

LOL this thread is like a little reunion ;)

hels - the Urban Detour is from birth with out a car seat, it just lays really flat and with a cosey toes its really cosey and snug for a new born

it would be a dream to push but is really really wide i think you would struggle getting it though any door its Unfolded width is 86cm if you go for a side by side try and get a thin one

the usualy size for a double buggy is about 76cm
the twin aria from mamas and papas is 75cm
the xts twin twister is 75cm
graco duo is 78cm
Cosatto Twin Stoller is 78cm

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members