Puree

glass angel

Reaction score
How on earth do you make puree smooth enough? I've made some veg puree, but Seb keeps gagging so much that he's sick. I've bought some Ella's Kitchen pouches, and they're really smooth - the stuff I made looks smooth but tasting it, it's sort of grainy. I can't afford to buy much pre made food, but I'm worried that Seb will become frightened of eating if he keeps being sick. He loves and manages home made puree banana and seemed to like the taste of carrots etc.

Help!

Carrie x

You could try adding a little of his milk to thin it

Just make sure it's cooked until its really soft, that's how I've found it purées better. If you keep back some of the water the veg is cooked in too then that thins it out also. I've also found a hand blender world better than a food processor. I've got a cheapie one from Argos works a treat xx

Agree with nurse and first baby! A little water, or milk makes it thinner and making sure it's cooked or steamed quite soft helps...
I was using a food processor and it was rubbish.
So I bought a tommee Tippee food blender that does purée, stage 1 lumps and stage 2 lumps. Was £10 in Asda baby event. Recommend it.xxx

Brilliant, thanks! I was using a hand blender, but I was worried about cooking all the nutrients out so the veg probably wasn't soft enough. I hadn't thought of adding some cooking water, tried again today and it looks much better. Just hope Seb agrees!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back