Protein in Urine

SarahH

Reaction score
Hi all!

Wonder if you can help. Was back at midwife yesterday and my urine sample (sorry too much info :oops: !) Came up with Protien +2.

They never said if this is good or bad or what I should do - please advice!!

Thanks!

S. xx

sorry hun ive not had anything in my urine so far maybe you should give midwife a call and just put your mind at ease xxxx

Hi Sarah,

If you've got too much protein in your wee it could indicate a UTI (urinary tract infection), it also can indicate other things (pre- eclampsia,kidney problems etc) but if they thought it was anything to worry about would send a sample off to the lab. for further testing. I'm surprised they didn't say anything to you though.

Right from the start of my pregnancy i've had too much protein in my wee, today was the first it's read normal!. It can be quite common in pregnancy but like Rach said if you're worried ring your M/W to double check everyhting is ok.

Nicki. :D

Hi

i had protirn in my water at 16 weeks my M/W didnt seem to concerned she just said to drink plenty of water and she will cheak it next time i go, If there is still protien then she will send a sample to the lab! Im bk untill 25 weeks if she was concerned she would have called me bk earlier! Im sure if your M/W was worried she would call you bk to have it cheaked!

I know its hard but try not to worry!

Kelly

kelly is right, i had high protein at 9 wks but after two days of drink 2 litres of water a day it was all gone!

I am sure you will be fine. xxxxx

Thanks for the replies.

I drink about 3pts a water a day!! Please don't tell me I've to drink more!! lol!

I'm hoping it was to do with my eating as the couple of days run up to the midwife I was a bit stressed with personal stuff and couldn't face food without being sick, plus my sleep was all over the shot too!! I've been eating more regularly and sleep is better so hopefully this will help!

Thanks!

S. xx

well that will be why then if you was having trouble eating!! ..... I'm sure next time you go to the midwife it will be fine.

I am having trouble trying to drink 2 litres of water a day too.... I am always in the bloody toilet!! haha

My midwife is the same too she tell me all these things thats she is doing etc but never REALLY explains, all i can say is thank god for the internet and pregnancy magazines or I would still be eating liver and peanuts and drinking a bottle of wine a day!! haha xxxx

Sorry to but in but protein in your urine can also be due to a little discharge (TMI sorry) getting in your wee.

I have had it twice and the midwife says if it is very high then they send to the lab as someone has already said, they just keep an eye on it if its a trace.

The fact that she isnt bothered means dont worry, pregnant women get it all the time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back