Promo/ payrise

ASD123456

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm just wondering that if work were to offer me a promo or a payrise before I tell them, can they withdraw once it comes out that I am rpegnant. I really want to move up the ladder but I feel guilty knowing that I am doing it when I will be on maternity leave for months. Should I tell them before hand or wait.

Also, might be a stupid question but when do I have to, by law, tell work?

Ax

I don't know about the first question, I can only assume that they aren't allowed to do that :think:

You have to tell your employer your pregnant by 15 weeks before your baby is due, ie. 25weeks pregnant.

They can't withdraw it once you tell them you are pregnant. I was in a similar situation, I knew they were planning on "promoting me" when I was pregnant to team leader but it wasn't official (though for us that doesn't mean more money just more stress), however I made sure I told them before they made it official as I thought it would make more sense to give the job to somebody else as I would be going on maternity leave a few months after it actually came into effect. They really suprised me by still giving me that job.

Thanks for the advice, I'm just going to see what happens and play it by ear.

Ax

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back