Holiday and new law

xnatalie81x

Reaction score
When i went on ML in Junei had to take all my holiday befor ei went off - now the new law for 9mths paid is in can i take my holiday even if i have delivered???

Also has everyone's workplace changed their maternity policy since the new 9mth law - i'm still on ML with 2nd until mid June so don't want to tell work yet and find out their policy (won't tell em till i have to at about 25 weeks) When is the latest you have to tell them?

Any advice greatly appreciated

Hi Natalie

You are still entitled to receive all benefits, including paid holiday, whilst on maternity leave. I'll have 25 days holiday to take by the time I go on ML, so I'm just going to have it paid.

Hope this helps

LBxx

Hi, i didnt think i would get any holiday entiltment, but to my surprise im allowed to have my 4 weeks, either before i go on maternity or when i get back... :cheer: so i get 10 months off :cheer:

whilst you are on OML your terms and conditions of employment remain the same as if you were at work and therefore you should still accrue annual leave entitlement, even if your employers annual leave entitlmemt may change you will still be entitled to contractual annual leave of upto 4 weeks in any leave year.

I get 6 weeks holiday and will have taken 20 days before I leave on 8th June. So my firm are paying me for 10 days in lieu.

You don't have to tell your employer until you are 25 weeks. It might be difficult to keep it a secret that long but that's what the actual law says.

My firm changed their maternity leave policy a couple of days into April when the new law came about.

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back