Projectile vomiting formula?

Lucy

Reaction score
Hi

Last night my boobies were so sore that we tried to give Olivia a bottle of Aptimal 1 at 4am, she took it well and guzzled it down. DH tried to wind her 3/4 way through the bottle and all the milk came shooting back up and sprayed everywhere :shock:

Does anyone know if this was her not liking the milk or perhaps she took it too quickly?

I might try her on a wee bit later on just to see if the same thing happens but didn't want to upset her tummy (her nappies have been the same today as usual so I don't think she digested any as aren't formula fed babie's nappies harder?)

Thanks for any advice

Lucy
Olivia 1 wk 4 days

Not to sure really but I do know that when aimee was a couple of weeks ols I tried her on the Avent vary flow teats and the slowest flow i think is a number 2 and she drank them really fast and threw every bottle back up (we used these for about 3 feeds before we realised what it was)! So maybe she just drank them to fast.

Aptamil is a very thin milk and comes up easy even with just a slight touch of wind. It is the best formula out there, but something thicker like SMA Gold or C&G could be better for her? Although saying that, breast milk is thin too. Maybe it was wind? Try winding after every 1 or 2oz's?

Formula babies nappies are less loose, but they aren't 'formed' either. If you are still mixing breast and formula her poo won't harden up much. Oh, Aptamil HONKS when it comes out the other end when you use it more exclusively :shock:

We used to use Aptamil for Damien when topping him up after my breast milk, then he went to it exclusively for a couple of weeks, but it's too thin and he's now on SMA Gold. Just ask if you want to know anything else hun xxxx

i have had this happen a couple of times with seren, usuaaly its because she has been a greedy madam and has been on the boob loads then taken lots of formula. she would bring most of it back up. she did it with both sma and aptimal. It never seemed to cause her any problems. Like Sami sys it could have been wind, plus the milk comes out easier and quicker out of a bottle so this could have been a factor?

Seren's poos seem the sme when she has been getting formula top ups, although when she was getting more formula a couple of days ago her poo was slightly darker and smelt more strongly though was still very loose like breastfed poo.

Hi well frankie is now having 5oz in her bottles and generally does finish them all off but she was at first always wanting her bottle and not getting it quick enough so we had the avent meduim flow teats no2 and although she then drank them alot quicker it also made her vomit her milk striaght after she had drank them so we came to the conclusion that the teats needed to be changed back as the flow was a bit to fast for her but saying even now she does tend to drink it down quick and ends up with projectile vomit going everywhere but im a bit stuck as to weither to change her milk over as no sooner as she has had one bottle she is ready for the next or maybe she is just being greedy i dont know???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back