No of dirty nappies per day?

Lucy

Reaction score
Hi

Olivia used to have around 5 dirty nappies a day but recently she has only been having 1 a day. We do give her a bottle of formula sometimes at night (but it's never been more than 1 per day) and I'm not sure if she's constipated or if the dirty nappies do lessen?

I know each baby is different but if you're breastfeeding how many dirty nappies does your little one have a day?

Thanks

Lucy

Same as Phoebe. She used to poo after 4 of her 5 feeds but now she does 1 a day, occasionally 2.
HV said as long as they do at least 1 a week then it's fine :shock:

it used to be about 10! its now about 6/7 including through the night too.
She poops for england!!
She has a sore bum..MW told me today, i feel terrible and its my fault, but i change her all the time. Poor sweet.

Seren goes every other day to every two/three days but she makes up for it when she goes :D

Im worried now....is Charlotte 'normal'?????
or just a little poop machine??

Kai doesn't go much, he did at the beginning. His pattern over the last week has been Tuesday, Friday and Monday but he does tiny poos in nearly nappy and has a rash from where he has been straining. Doctor's really aren't too bothered with poos unless they are hard. Peeing is another matter though from what I was told.

Hels I have been told that bf babies can have lots of poos or hardly any. Seren is hardly ever, my friends baby who is also bf nearly has one evry nappy. Both are perfectly normal, don't worry :D

Thanks for your replies!

I think Olivia might have a bit of an upset tummy, she had quite a runny nappy (not very seedy like it is usually) earlier on and just now wouldn't settle for her feed (bf) so we changed her and she had done a large poo and then 15 mins later same thing, they're quite runny.

Does anyone know what I should do if she does have an upset tummy? Keep trying to bf her as much as poss to stay hydrated?

Worried now :(

Lucy

Hi Lucy...this is what Charlottes are always like. She does 3or4 'farts' but always poo's too. Yesterday i drunk 2 glasses of OJ, and hers was like water, is that my fault for drinking OJ...had so much conflicting advice (yet again!!) some say that foods dont affect baby, but im sure they must.

Lucy, kep feeding Olivia as like you say this will keep her hydrated and the milk is good for her. Look out for signs that she is dehydrated, i.e. her fontella is sunken, her wee smells very strong or she isn't producing many wet nappies. If there are signs of dehydration speak to your Dr. If you have any concerns or need advice the NHS line is a very good place to contact. Hope she is ok xx

Thanks girls

Hels - ah yes I'd had a large OJ Tuesday night - maybe that affected her?

Beanie - thanks for your advice, she did another runny poo but then cluster fed for quite a while so I think she had enough fluids and hasn't got the signs that you put so I'll just keep an eye on her and take her to the docs if it continues.

Thanks again

Lucy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back