Problems with the coil

Penstraze

Reaction score
I put a post on the other day about some of the problems ive had with the coil but it got lost.

I had (I think from what I can remember) a fairly normal period before having the coil put in although it was a day or two late and fairly light but they have been lately.

Before my period my bbs were quite sore, and I felt a little sick on and off but have had alot of pregnancy type symptoms for a long time hence coming off pill and having coil, but since having coil fitted I have quite sick on a number of occassions my nipples are very tender and enlarged, Im very bloated, been needing to pee loads and have been having sharp pains largerly one sided

I went to doctors and mentioned all this he said I had a water infection and pescribed antibiotics and said rest was coil settling

Friday I had intense pains so bad my OH wanted me to go to casualty and if it wasnt for our buisness I would have but they eased alittle so went to docs he said it was coil settling and gave me anti inflamitories (sp)

What worries me is not once have they ruled out ectopic pregnancy dispite largely one sided pains, I guess with me being on the pill before coil its is very unlikely but I just getting keep getting this feeling, am thinking of getting a test to put my mind at rest what do you guys think?
Has anyone else had these symptoms when first had coil fitted?

Sorry for long post :oops:

I had a lot of one sided pain with my coil... It takes an age for it to settle down properly and not hurt anymore.

If you are really worried, definitely take a test... I mean it won't do any harm to pee on a stick first thing in the morning. :) and it will put your mind to rest.. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks for your replies! What worries me is that it hasnt been checked out and ruled out and anti inflamitories say shouldnt be taken if pregnant although im guessing if was pregnant the pains etc wouldnt point to it being a happy outcome! Doesnt look like will be able to get test tonight will have to try and get one soon, dont want to do it with OH there and panic him unneccesarily.

Is reasuring to hear you had similar pains with your coil squiglet! Thanks!

Went to get a test at dinner time and they had sold out :evil: dont know when I will be able to get one now, pain is quite bad at moment and am bleeding alittle very fresh red blood - when I saw doctor about pains first thing he asked was if I was bleeding but didnt discuss relivence if I was cause wasnt then but now I am am worried why he asked am waiting for a doctor to call me back but rang hours ago think they've forgotten me!

I know spotting is common for awhile after having pill fitted but surely its not right to bleed when pills fitted stop totally after 2 days and then start again after alot of pain 2 weeks later :think:

Tested last night bfn as I thought but OH brought the test so wasnt wasting my money :rotfl: still having very strong pregnancy symptoms, have put on over 6lb in 2 weeks and feeling very bloated and uncomfortable and getting pains trying to book a doctors appointment and think I will be having it out! Problem is what contraception to try now, the pill is no good and anything with progesterone is out, OH finds condoms too uncomfortable so other then sort term use theyre out :think:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back