IUD/IUS

futuremum

Reaction score
Hi?

did any of you have a coil fitted? I wanted one but the doc who can do it is off for depression for a ong period of time so they put me on the mini pill. I have had my period since wednesday and they are getting heavier every day :evil:

Did those who had a coil fitted have less abundant period?

I've had the coil that lets out the hormones because i used to have heavy periods and now i hardly ever bleed so its very good that way.

My mum had a coil fitted about 13 years ago. I have a 12 year old sister ;) She's now back on the pill!

rosieroo said:
My mum had a coil fitted about 13 years ago. I have a 12 year old sister ;) She's now back on the pill!

Aarrgghh, this is the contaception I am going for. I am allergic to the pill, depo made me fat and miserable and condoms are a pain. Am terrified of getting pregnant so thought the coil would be the best thing. Back to the drawing board, think I will have to abstain for a couple of years, that will please the other half :D

rosieroo said:

LMAO EXCATLY same story with my mum....coil but on pill too 14 years ago, now I have a 13year old sister.

However, I will have the coil fitted after this pregnancy as the pill does not agree with me nor does any other hormone contraception.

I would not want not to have my periods anymore because i'd like to know i am not expecting again. My auntie had had a coil fitted 28 years ago and my cousin is 27 lol but i was told they have improved since and they were efficient now :D

I do not mind having a bit of a period but at the moment i am a real fountain and it is day 7 now and it is not calming down at all. So much for not having your period when breastfeeding :roll:

I had the Mirena coil fitted about 10 years ago. After having my daughter, I couldn't get on with any pills, or the injection (put 3 stone on in a month! :shock: ) so my gp suggested the coil.

Best thing I ever had. After about 6 months, my periods stopped completely. No form of contraception is 100% safe (I was on the pill and we used a condom when I got pregnant with my daughter!!), but this apparantly is 99.9%. I would recommend it to anyone.

And the really good thing is that if you decide to ttc again, you can conceivably get pg the minute the coil is removed! In fact, my doctor told me that if we had BD anytime in the 5 days leading up to my coil being removed, I could have got pregnant when she removed it!! :shock:

I'm definitely having this fitted again once LO is born (unless we decide to try for another straight away!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back