Problems with lumps or not eating enough?

Nicky_Jones

Reaction score
I know I wasn't the only one who was having problems with lumps and with my LO not eating enough. We tried a new tactic a week or so ago and it seems to be working nicely.

I now give Ellie a couple of large icecubes of puree to start with, which is about all she will eat happily from a spoon. I then give her a bit of whatever we are eating, chunks of veg and then pieces of meat. Or the sauce and pasta etc. This I just put on her tray and let her feed herself. I then give her a yogurt or something like that. I then give her some fruit to feed herself. By mixing up me feeding and her feeding herself she eats a lot more in total and has been sleeping better as a result. If I do just one or the other she just doesn't eat enough. I think the change of pallet also helps her eat more.

I have given up trying what the HV was suggesting about giving her lumpier food than puree, as she just gags and then refuses to eat. I might be making a rod for my own back later, however she happily eats meat, vegetables, pasta, fruit, bread etc by picking it up and chewing on it, so I think she will be fine.

Think i'll bear that in mind! My LO gags with the slightest lump and puts him off eating full stop. Don't know whether to just keep him on the smooth food or keep trying the lumpy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back