lumps

Sage

Reaction score
Ky will wolf down puree and the odd bit of finger food. i just cant for the life of me introduce lumps. he'll gag and then wont open his mouth again! i cant keep feeding him puree for ever! what have you done to help encourage them to eat lumps. id like to hear any of your experiences. :)

oh dear? nobody else have lump problems? :think:

Jeremy is also rubbish with lumps when it is in a meal but will happily chew on finger food including toast, sandwiches, rusk biscuits and lots of fruit. I told my health visitor he won't eat lumpy meals and she said it doesn't matter as he is eating and chewing lots with his finger food. Maybe you should go down this route and just introduce more finger foods

I was going to say that, as long as he is eating solid food isn't that ok? I mean we don't eat lumpy purees!

yep true. i cant stand lumpy yoghurt now! :puke: cant wait til i can place a normal meal infront of him and let him get on with it :roll:

when have people started giving their children just normal meals, you no what i mean small cut up portions of "grown up" food?

I could use a bit of help with this as well.

We have problems with lumpy food. I am using the hipp stage 2 jars at the moment and I have to blend some of the food so he will eat it. He can manage the Lancashire hotpot and cottage pie without any probs but they are not very lumpy at all. He can't eat any finger foods other than organix carrot sicks. All he does is choke and throw up.

Sage said:
yep true. i cant stand lumpy yoghurt now! :puke: cant wait til i can place a normal meal infront of him and let him get on with it :roll:

when have people started giving their children just normal meals, you no what i mean small cut up portions of "grown up" food?

Lola started eating "normal" meals when she cut her first tooth @ 9 months :D

We never really bothered too much with purees as i found it too much faffing so she's nearly always had lumps :oops:

Ellie will eat lumpy food but it takes ages as she doesnt prefer it so we've stuck to puree's for main mean then lumpy desserts as she loves her desserts and has a bit more time for it even with lumps in lol, might be worth a try?

I tried a stage 2 dessert umm an apple one. took one mouth full pulled a hell of a face, gagged and threw up :lol: :puke: :wall:

My boy hated lumps but offered them everyday and soon got the hang of it, some jars are more lumpy then others i found.
I always buy hipp or boots and tried cow n gate but watch out they r really lumpy my boy gags on these!

At what age did all you ladies wean your babies? I have a friend who is a neonatal nurse who thinks that weaning at or after 6 months can cause babies to reject lumpy food. I'm getting ever closer to the 6 month mark with Kathryn and am not planning to wean her before then. Am I setting myself up for problems later on by following the 6 month guideline?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back