Purely Finger Food?

LaineyG

Reaction score
Hello!

Mhairi is still driving me crackers with this weaning!

She'll happily eat her breakfast (well, with only a few tears!) and loves her milk still! Lunch time is a disaster, she gets so upset with savoury food, spits it out, screams, tears running down her face etc.......I've tried mixing it with fruit puree, but she still ends up upset.

The thing that really gets me is - she loves finger food. Savoury or not. She'll eat toast with a smear of marmite on it (I mean, FFS, MARMITE!) and she'll eat ham and pasta with tomato sauce.

Should I just give her a finger food diet? Any suggestions? Anybody done this before?

xxx

What she probably doesn't like is the lack of independence. She is going to have to learn to feed herself anyway, so just provide a finger food diet :)

Isaac was the same, he'll only have yoghurt or cereal fed to him on a spoon, everything else he feeds himself and has done since 7months when he decided weaning with spoons and puree wasn't for him :lol: The links Fluffy Bunny has posted will help :hug:

Thanks girls!

I honestly thought that I was going to be sending Mhairi to nursery in two months time armed with 6 bottles as it was all she would take!

It broke my heart to see her getting soooo upset at mealtimes. It's a vicious circle though, coz she NEEDS to eat and yet it upsets her (and me!).

I'm going shopping tomorrow and I'll get some nice finger foods for her to try!

I'm gonna post a poll in a minute about follow on formula.....your opinions would be greatfully received!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back